Fraud Alert on eBay!

Karl! How I have missed you. Hope you're doing well after that horrid Midwestern winter.

It stands as testament to how observant you are that you can recognize your own drums that quickly. Have you messaged Ebay? Maybe email the guy and tell him to take your picture down.

Even if you hadn't told me he was biting your photos, I would never trust an Ebay seller who is satisfied with this kind of listing:

tacjUdhh.jpg

Karl, calling him a fraud may be going too far. He never makes the claim that his product is actually the one pictured. At most, he is suggesting that the color of the drumset pictured is the same color he is selling, though he never literally states that to be the case. Further, the fellow has 3,317 ebay sales and a 99.6% positive feedback score, so he is clearly not in the habit of ripping people off. If you read his feedback comments, only one person has complained about him, and that because of duty fees (not his fault) and the fact that his product is not a specialized drum wrap, but a general-use veneer. I can't imagine why he would pirate your photo (I'm assuming that the photo is yours?), but once we post them online we loose all control of them. I wouldn't sweat this. It's a beautiful set of Ludwigs, by the way.

On the matter of the run-together text, sometimes it runs together, other times it does not. I've seen this ad several times, and the text problem comes and goes. I'm not sure what the problem is.

GeeDeeEmm

Maybe my idea of retail is skewed, but I don't see how you can defend a listing simply because it does "not claim to sell the product shown"

That's a classic example of deceitful salesmanship.

Using your logic I will go ahead and sell my 1980 BMW motorcycle and use a picture of a 69 corvette stingray from someones photobucket. I made no claim as to what the picture represented, and it's public domain after all...right?

I checked the feedback too. 1 negative and 3 neutral - the rest positive.

2 of the neutrals were for pictures. The seller said one was of a customer's drums, and the other picture was removed after a complaint.

Maybe you should contact him.

All you have to do is message eBay in their customer center and find the link for someone using your material. I used someone elses Neil Peart drumstick picture one time and that seller immediately had eBay take it down.

Even if you hadn't told me he was biting your photos, I would never trust an Ebay seller who is satisfied with this kind of listing:

Maybe someone contacted him. I checked the link again and the description is readable now.
Still pretty tacky type coloring, but readable.

I sold a piece of militaria a few years ago. As it was packed in a box of other crap and would have taken quite a while to unpack I Googled for an image of the item, found one in similar condition to mine, and used that.

Three days later I got an irate message asking why I was presuming to sell this person's property. I explained the situation, and that there was a caveat in the listing stationg the image was a representation and not the exact item, after that he was fine with it.

May just be one of those moments; I'd ask the seller why is he using your image first.

Maybe my idea of retail is skewed, but I don't see how you can defend a listing simply because it does "not claim to sell the product shown"

That's a classic example of deceitful salesmanship.

Using your logic I will go ahead and sell my 1980 BMW motorcycle and use a picture of a 69 corvette stingray from someones photobucket.
In terms of audio representation, that's effectively what many drum companies have been doing with their videos for years!

Reminds me of a time my dad wanted to buy a keyboard (Roland Fantom X8) and all the photos were those $1 stock photos, and he caused lots of trouble when my dad contacted him, so my dad reported him to eBay... He's gone now.

Back