My new Maple Custom Absolutes!

LanceMCA

He everyone! I'm just new to the thread so I thought I'd introduce myself and show you all my kit... I'm very proud of it and just picked it up this past weekend. I've always been one to move around from kit to kit, but I think I'm gonna stick with these guys for a bit. Anyone else own a set of Absolutes?? If so, how do you like them?? Just looking to get to know everyone... Talk soon! Lance.

Attachments

• Bluewater-20121021-00461.jpg
    Bluewater-20121021-00461.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 564
  • Bluewater-20121021-00458.jpg
    Bluewater-20121021-00458.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 531
  • Bluewater-20121021-00460.jpg
    Bluewater-20121021-00460.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 553
Thanks man! I'm super happy with this kit... I've personally owned 3 Gretsch Renown Maple kits and My last kit i just moved this past weekend was a Pearl Masters MCX in a Mocha Tamo Finish... Very nice kits, but this one takes the cake in my ears.

That is a very pretty kit, also nice to see other people with "off" tom placement :)

That is a very pretty kit, also nice to see other people with "off" tom placement :)

The reason I do this is because I'm also the lead vocalist in my bands... It allows to interact with the kit a little better... If i was JUST the drummer I'd prob have a slightly different set-up but not much...

Beautiful kit...definitely like the vintage finish on Yamaha kits (have several Yamaha snares with this finish)..I have an MCAN (apple sparkle fade) & a BCA (cherrywood finish)... I've owned the BCA for over 10 yrs. and the MCAN a little over 5 yrs... Yamaha makes great drums...congrats on your purchase!

Beautiful kit...definitely like the vintage finish on Yamaha kits (have several Yamaha snares with this finish)..I have an MCAN (apple sparkle fade) & a BCA (cherrywood finish)... I've owned the BCA for over 10 yrs. and the MCAN a little over 5 yrs... Yamaha makes great drums...congrats on your purchase!

Thanks!! I love them.. I actually didn't "buy" them...lol... I traded my Pearl Masters MCX 4 pc shell pack and my American Standard Telecaster for them!!! Well worth it...

Lovely kit.

Looks familiar. :)

I have a 2 up/2down MCAN kit that I've had for about 6 years in the Vintage finish like yours. I keep it in my studio most of the time(My Gretsch is the live kit) but occasionally take it out to play a gig here and there.

Beautiful sounding drums.

Jim

Yes, I also own a set of Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute drums. They're probably some of the best drums I've ever played, and I played a lot. I've had mine now for a little over four years.

DSC_0012-1.jpg

Dennis

Lovely kit.

Looks familiar. :)

I have a 2 up/2down MCAN kit that I've had for about 6 years in the Vintage finish like yours. I keep it in my studio most of the time(My Gretsch is the live kit) but occasionally take it out to play a gig here and there.

Beautiful sounding drums.

Jim

O sweet!! I'm gonng have almost an identical kit... I'm going to be adding a 13, and a 15 mounted tom in the next couple weeks!! Please post pics... What gretsch kit do you play live?

He everyone! I'm just new to the thread so I thought I'd introduce myself and show you all my kit... I'm very proud of it and just picked it up this past weekend. I've always been one to move around from kit to kit, but I think I'm gonna stick with these guys for a bit. Anyone else own a set of Absolutes?? If so, how do you like them?? Just looking to get to know everyone... Talk soon! Lance.

Welcome to the forum! Very nice looking kit you have there. Looks like it would take care of business. Love the natural finish. I have a 7 piece MCAN in black to cherry fade. I've had that kit for nearly 4 years and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Truly the best sounding kit I've ever owned. Just a nice well rounded warm tone. I went through different head combo's trying to find the optimum sound that suits a wide variety of music styles and my ear. Ended up at Remo Coated Emperors on top and Clear Ambassadors on bottom. They sound fantastic with this head combo. Congrat's on your new kit! You should be proud!

Very nice congrats bro thats a gorgeous kit. Interesting set up to. What kind of heads you got on it?

Very nice congrats bro thats a gorgeous kit. Interesting set up to. What kind of heads you got on it?

Thanks man!! I used to use the coated emperors on my old Gretsch Renown Maple kit... On this kit I'm using Clear Emperors on top and Clear Ambassadors on bottom... Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!!

These are definitely a step up from the Renown series, IMHO Yamaha's best trait regardless of what line it is, is their consistency.They have very tight quality control and this is reflected in how consistent the drums are from one kit to another. Enjoy your new kit.

Back