Newbie says Hello from Kathmandu, Nepal! Need Ludwig advice.

Tonepolice

Yep! All the way from the Himalayan mountains! I just registered and this is my very first post here. My name is Deep and I'm 36 years old.

I'm primarily a guitar player. I've been contemplating buying a drumset for myself cos I'm tired of borrowing other peoples kits for practice and a decent drumset would be something nice to have for the rest of my life.

I'm interested in getting a Ludwig. I'm interested in getting a Ludwig Centennial $-piece shellpack at 1100 US$ at musiciansfriend.com. You can see it at the link below..

http://drums-percussion.musiciansfr...Piece-Shell-Pack-with-24-Bass-Drum?sku=485090

Now I have no idea on these drumsets. I like them purely based on visual aesthetics. What do you Ludwig Centennial guys have to say about this model? Please fill me in on this. Thanks in advance!

From what I've heard they're pretty solid drums. I'm not a big fan of the sizes, but hey, if you like'em I say go for it.

Hello and welcome to DW! In my experience, Ludwig has always kept a high standard as far as performance and durability. I m not familiar with this certain series but I know that they are far from "entry level" or other low-end kits. But look into the hardware/cymbal/accessory aspect also, as they are equally important to things such as what wood you have, # of plies, finish, and size/configuration options.

Good luck for sure and enjoy your choice, whatever it turns out to be. : D

Can't help you specifically on the Ludwig Deep, but a very warm welcome to the forum. I would advise opening your mind to other makes of drum kit too. Search the forums here for advice on what gear to get for your budget. There's almost certainly some very relevant info here for you. If, as you say, you're chosing a kit for life, take your time and do your research. Good luck, KIS.

First, welcome to Drummerworld.​
Second, if this is your first kit, you are gonna be rockin' the Himalaya's in style. And indeed, just might be the kit to last you for the rest of your life.​
8 ply American maple shell, 6mm thin. A much better shell than the Accent series. A much better shell than the Fab4/Zep sets. (those were Juniper/Mahogany). Nice tubs.​

Back