Toms wont stay tunned

I purchased a PDP CX maple kit second hand last weekend. I finally got all the drum heads in so I started working on changing them over (I went with Remo pinstripe batters and Evans G1 reso's (the G1s came with it)). The I've noticed a problem after I got everything nice and in tune. The resonate side of the 10" tom comes undone (mainly on one side) and the batter side of the 8" tom does the same thing. I think it's one of the running rods on each one that keeps coming loose. Any way to fix it?

PDP CX drums have the True-Pitch tuning system (10-32) threads, The more common/standard pitch is 10-24, If you order Tightscrews, make sure you get the correct ones (if they're even offered).

From the Tightscrew site.
FAQ
Will TightScrews fit my drums?
TightScrews will fit most American and Japanese drums. TightScrews will fit pre-1995 DW drums with 12-24 threads, and DW and Pacific Drums with "Truepitch" threads (supplied after late 1994). Be sure to specify DW rods for drums fitted with Truepitch (fine) threads.

They make tension rods to fit your drums.
Sorry, I forgot to mention in my first post about Truepitch thread pitch.
Thanks rtliquid for bringing the issue up.

+1 for tightscrews! I could tune my kit once and that's that. At gigs just wait for the kit to acclimate and it's good to go.

Back