When you're on DW.....

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
Where are you? At work? Home? I really feel like I have actual friends here and I wanted to try and picture where everybody gets their DW fix. Give me some details about what's around you when you are here. I also want to know what sound system you use for your computer, ie laptop speakers or seperate audio stuff

Me, I'm at home in my kitchen, at my rectangular maple kitchen table, on my laptop. To my back is a sliding door that leads to my deck and backyard, lotsa trees, lotsa nature, to my front is a window that looks onto my cul de sac street. I just use the laptop speakers.
What about you? Give me some visuals!

I'm usually in my music room where my little studio is, which is the lowest room in my house. It takes up the entire floor. But this has been a really cold winter and that room gets very cold, so I've brought my MacBook up to the kitchen/dining room part of the house where it's much warmer.

So I've got my computer up on the counter that divides the kitchen and the dining area. I sit on a bar-type stool, it's like sitting at a bar with your computer there. It's a large room with just this counter running down the middle of it. Our only television is in here and the cats all hang out here so they're always running about. It's quite cozy. I quite like it, actually. But when the weather gets warm I'll be back in my music room. That's where all my stuff is, you know.

Its always on my Macbook pro and mostly at airports, hotels, and my bedroom. I always carry my Bose headphones in my laptop bag, so if there are clips I want to check out, I get great sound.

On my PC in my living room (don't like laptops). I can turn around and look out the window at a short brick wall and the block of flats next door.The only green to be seen through there is the heritage green of next door's window sills.

Directly behind my PC chair is one of Wy's djembes in its bag - he's storing it here till he makes more room at his place that is so full of drum stuff that you can barely move after issues with the shop he was teaching at that resulted in him having to move his gear out of storage.

I have two practice pads on top of the djembe, one of which is raised on top of a 1200-page Thomas Covenant book and acts as "hi hat". There's a small kick drum pad to its right. That way I can swing my chair around and have a play.

J, I'd love to have a music room like yours *sigh*

My iMac in my TV, music, drum room. My laptop if I'm in the bedroom. My iPhone at times, and my PC at work when I can get away with it.

On the couch, legs on the coffee table, game on, fireplace blazing, looking out at the farm field across the street....

My wife and I both have (almost matching) Ikea Jerker computer tables located in our "computer room", located upstairs. We both have Dell 530 PC's and Samsung SyncMaster 923nw monitors. "Computer room" might be a bit of a misnomer, it's the "junk room", where all the flotsam and jetsam of the house winds up. Overcrowded with boxes, and furniture, and........stuff!!!​
Around the corner is my drum room, 12x10. Music might come out of 1 of 2 stereo's in the drum room, or more often, I play CD's in my PC. 2 JBL's flank my monitor.​

Backside slumped comfortably into my favourite couch with my lap top on my knee, when I'm at home Larry. I'm in a position where I can be logged on at work too. I just come and go throughout the day as the opportunity presents itself. My job entails I work in an office during the day and then work from home into the night........I rely on the computer for all this so needless to say, I hang around here a bit.

I'm at home when I'm on DW. Don't feel right to get on DW at work. I'm really enjoying my first week or so on here...but it ain't worth losin' my job being on a "non-work-related" website. Nothing personal folks, it's just the way it has to be.

Honestly, in my office at work! Simply because when I'm not there, I'm on the drums! ;>)
It sucks because I'm constantly looking over my shoulder to make sure that one of the 25 people that I supervise don't see me (on DW)!
However, this post that I'm responding to is from my bedroom which has no real sights to the outside environment- only a great view of my e-kit (which is also in my bedroom)!

I bet I'm posting from the most interesting spot as of yet, hehe.

I'm in a bondage room surrounded by sex toys and a drum kit. I'm laying on the floor in a makeshift bed with my laptop in front of me. The room is about 12x12, painted red with black accents. There is a cage built into the wall in front of me, 3 shelves about 5 feet high are to the left of that, the door is to my right and my kit is to my left, taking half the floor space. There are also four chain mounted on a beam in the ceiling directly above where I'm laying, two by my head and two by my feet.

I live with a lesbian couple whom I've known for a while and we share a house, one bedroom has been converted into a dungeon/drum room and it happens that we ran out of oil for the furnace so it's super cold downstairs where my bedroom is located. We do have electric heat upstairs where the dungeon is so I'm sleeping here until we deal with the oil situation (an ongoing thing, the furnace is screwed).

Why is it I suddenly envy Nickropolis?

I bet I'm posting from the most interesting spot as of yet, hehe.

I'm in a bondage room surrounded by sex toys and a drum kit. I'm laying on the floor in a makeshift bed with my laptop in front of me. The room is about 12x12, painted red with black accents. There is a cage built into the wall in front of me, 3 shelves about 5 feet high are to the left of that, the door is to my right and my kit is to my left, taking half the floor space. There are also four chain mounted on a beam in the ceiling directly above where I'm laying, two by my head and two by my feet.

I live with a lesbian couple whom I've known for a while and we share a house, one bedroom has been converted into a dungeon/drum room and it happens that we ran out of oil for the furnace so it's super cold downstairs where my bedroom is located. We do have electric heat upstairs where the dungeon is so I'm sleeping here until we deal with the oil situation (an ongoing thing, the furnace is screwed).

Wow!! Do I live a dull life...OR WHAT?

Uhhh...I don't know what else to say here. Hmm.....ok?

Nickropolis, the lesbians I know are nhowhere near as, um, exotic as your housemates. The cool thing is you can set your kit up in the dungeon. If they've been bad girls you can play solos at them for hours on end :)

Noooo!!! NOT the triplets again ... ARRGGGHHH!!!! ... wow, that felt sooo good *sigh*

I also hop on here at work, but nowhere near as much as I do at home. I keep telling myself that I'll get myself a life this year ...

Is it crude to ask for pictures?.....you know of the room....or maybe the lesbians.....or maybe the lesbians in the room....whatever

If I'm on DW, it's generally because I'm avoiding being useful in real life.

I have a laptop and wireless router, so I might be posting from anywhere in my house, and occasionally from the back yard.

Noooo!!! NOT the triplets again ... ARRGGGHHH!!!! ... wow, that felt sooo good *sigh*
Don't even get me started on the diddle rudiments

My daily routine.....get-up 8am-ish (work in restaurant....late nights). Dogs (2 labs) out, and fed. Make coffee, flip-on the computer (hotmail....msn....then DW for a solid hour, more if Bernie's updated the vid's section). I'm in the kitchen nook, back to the backyard.....connecting to a large horse property, lots of space, a creek, and many old mine-shafts (I live in Nor Cal gold country).....dogs are in heaven. I use a cheapy Altec speakers, with bass on the floor. It actually sounds really good. I'd highly suggest it to anyone...think I paid 99 bucks for the system.

Usually on my Macbook air somewhere on the road, or on the couch at home. But if not, as at the mo, a quick check on DW on my wife's iMac in our kitchen on the breakfast bar - Max, our little boy eyeing me suspiciously from his high-chair....

Back