DW Collectors with thrashing wheels on

ANIMALBEATS

Silver Member
DW 98 Collectors

8" 10" 12" 14" 16" 22"

28" woofer

12" Brady Jarrah ply (matching DW Craviotto not pictured)

Attachments

• rsz_4p1010313.jpg
    rsz_4p1010313.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 807
10 cymbals, 1 not pictured; £200.00 Second hand.

Their sound is ok, the 2 Exo crashes (double hammered, unlathed bell), are outstanding.

They were bought to thrash, I have a full suite of K's in the cupboard.

I wouldn't like to record with them, but for practice, or the Double hammered series for gigging, are fine.

The splash has cracked, I think, due to the weight of the bell cymbal.

Just don't expect them to last a lifetime.

(apparently Stagg have bought the old A custom series press from Zildjian; this is unconfirmed, I thought Zildjian used the same press for all

Last edited:
Holy "$%&/ !!!

I'm not into huge kits and tons of cymbals, at all, but I really really like your setup. It looks really comfortable and fun to play.

Congrats!
Cheers.

It is!

I got my inspiration from Dennis Chambers, the attraction wasn't in the numbers, but on the vocal expression 3 up 2 down affords. The cymbals came naturally, and the side snares were born of dance music fascination.

Coming from a four piece to this was at the begging difficult, but once the shackles of normality were cast, I have never looked back.

Although I have an x-hat, a remote hat would be nice.

Last edited:
I had Evans G2's (coated) which, I have always had a suspicion I didn't like, their "mid" tone always sounded plasticy to me, so I got a deal on a set of EC2's, there lovely, low, and wet, and I now receive noise complaints.

is that the same heads on the snares also. what about bass

Snare is a weather king, with a hazy reso....The Brady is un-believable, so sensitive, so deep (the wood, due to the humid climate is VERY dense, creating a low pitch, even with a thin ply)

The Bass is a Aquarian Superkick 2, which, to be honest, I wanted to like but I never fully have.

Everything is set up for efficiency, I used to be a very relaxed drummer, and comfortable is the word; feeling physically awkward is not a sensation I enjoy.

Thanks for all the positive comments.

Last edited:
Back