Official forum UK meet up/other arrangements/news. London Drum Show!

I know you told me ages ago you were going on the Sunday, Duncan, but I've only just realised this means I won't see you :'(

I'll just have to hang around with dear David and Liam and rely on them to cheer me up.

Incidentally, what if anything do people have on their shopping lists? Finances permitting (I still have one more saddle to sell) I'm after a new crash. I know exactly what I want, but I'm going to test-drive as many as I can, just for the hell of it.

Sorry to disappoint. The good thing for you Madge, is that you get to see your favourite Lovely Young Men! I'm sorry I won't see you either. I can only really do one day this year and regretfully it has to be the Sunday when the hangovers are in full flow but I'll do my best to be my usual self (for better or worse)! I know it's unacceptable and I have no idea how I'm going to live with myself.

Shopping list? Nothing in particular. I just like hanging around drums...

Oh where? I have gigged a few times in Groningen, though mainly because i part live there....

Apeldoorn, apparently. It's a festival called Brainstorm Festival. It'll be fun I'm sure, but a real shame to miss the LDS...this will be the first year I've not been able to go at all, actually.

i'll definitely be there both days. (maybe even friday, if you're there andy?)

I very much look forward to the photoshoot :)
Duncan not being there on saturday is unacceptable tho.
Agreed all round! Yes, I'm there Friday David. Earliest load in this year is 10:00AM - now that's unacceptable!

The most annoying thingh though Andy is I get into london at 10.58...and then need to get across to the olympia.

emans I won't get there for 11.30 at least and I'll miss Michelle doing her thing!!

Bugger!

D
TAXI!!! Seriously, don't bugger around with trains. It's only once/year. Michele's Jazz Tap Project is a must see!

I know exactly what I want
:)

Lol... and you seem to think i have money for anything bar possibly bringing a picnic with me aha. Seriously? Yeah nothing unless i get birthday money, in which case maybe a drum head or sticks.
Don't be greedy, you've got plenty of presents already ;)

Rearranged plans for Saturday, so see you guys there!
Superb!!!!

I just like hanging around drums...
Slut! ;)

Wow what a lineup!!
Bummer I can't be there :(!
Indeed! & yes, a bummer you can't come. Probably one of the best lineups I've seen in any show anywhere! Pity I'll miss almost all of it :(

Probably one of the best lineups I've seen in any show anywhere! Pity I'll miss almost all of it :(
We had the first Swiss drumfestival last weekend, in my hometown even :)! I had the chance
to watch and hear Claus Hessler, Gergo Borlai, Thomas Lang, Florian Alexandru-Zorn,
George Kollias and Milyous Johnson on the same day :)! What a lineup that was, too!!
Gergo and Claus absolutely killed it!!!

We had the first Swiss drumfestival last weekend, in my hometown even :)! I had the chance
to watch and hear Claus Hessler, Gergo Borlai, Thomas Lang, Florian Alexandru-Zorn,
George Kollias and Milyous Johnson on the same day :)! What a lineup that was, too!!
Gergo and Claus absolutely killed it!!!
That's quite a show right there! I take it you enjoyed yourself immensely :)

On the subject of enjoyment, & if you want to experience something utterly different - so different, that it makes you examine how your drumming translates to other artists, miss this at your peril! It's free, you're already there - 11:30 Saturday, on the Cafe/acoustic stage in the exhibition hall :) Of course, if you miss it for free, you can see the show again (albeit longer & with more dancers) for a mere £30 a ticket headlining theatre at this year's London Jazz Festival! This is not normal drum show stuff!!!

Attachments

• michelesnareshoes2.jpg
    michelesnareshoes2.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 169
:(

Wishing I was going to go there again this year.

11:30 Saturday, on the Cafe/acoustic stage in the exhibition hall :)

Arsebiscuits - that overlaps with Gavin Harrison, unless he's only doing 15 minutes? Lots of big sweary words.

ETA I wish Larry, Grea and Ben were coming again this year too. Henri is coming, isn't he?

Arsebiscuits - that overlaps with Gavin Harrison, unless he's only doing 15 minutes? Lots of big sweary words.

ETA I wish Larry, Grea and Ben were coming again this year too. Henri is coming, isn't he?
Arsebiscuits indeed (although I don't care to think how you came up with that term :( The clash with Gavin's MainStage performance is most unfortunate. That said, as there's continuous shows throughout each day between the main stage & masterclass suite, it was always going to clash with something good. The main stage theatre holds 550 people, & there's going to be between 3 & 5,000 at the show each day, so plenty of people who didn't get in to see Gavin will get the best possible alternative experience :)

Well I'm still miffed, because I've got a ticket for GH but I've spent the past 12 months wishing I'd been able to see Michele's show. Gavin's just going to have to manage without me :(

It's one of Father Jack's, by the way.

Back