Most difficult//tiring song to play single pedal

Goody602

I was trying to think the other day about what some of the more difficult songs to play with single pedal are after me and my buddy tried playing Team Sleep's 'Ever since WWI.' I got through it reasonably well, but definitely missed some of Zach Hill's beats. The song is only 3-and-a-half minutes and the muscle on the front of my right shin was already on fire two thirds of the way through it.

Foo Fighter's 'My Hero' is kind of tiring because it's almost straight eighths all the way through the song and Zeppelin's 'In My Time of Dying' is a pain because it's eleven minutes long and not the simplest bass drum work out there.

What are some of the difficult single pedal songs you've played due to speed, power, control, length of song or any combination of the four?

I havent played many that are that difficult on the right foot but i would have to say that good times bad times is pretty tricky song on the right foot.

Absolutely my vote goes to Good Times, Bad Time by Zeppelin. Bonham had an amazing bass foot. I just learned Good Times, Bad Times for a gig. I finally nailed it, but it took a fair bit of practice.
Pounder

Anything by Iron Maiden.

also ace of spades by motorhead - Mikey Dee is a madman!!!!

"Almost Again" by Strapping Young Lad. Gene Hoglan plays the impossible on this song.

Any fast Zeppelin but "Poor Tom" off of Zeppelin CODA the snare and bass drum work in that tune takes a little getting used too.the tune takes a lot of concentration between the bass drum and snare.don't. forget to keep time with the hi-hat also.one of my favorite Zep tunes totally killer BONHAM without bashing the hell out of your kit.

Keep Swatting,
Bonzolead

pretty much anything by gospel drummers, and Chad Szeliga from Breaking Benjamin (who learned from gospel drummers). those guys have incredible feet!

Charlie don't cheat - Stormtroopers of Death
At the end of the song, you can hear Charlie Benante saying something like: 'I hope we never play this live!'.

For me, at my current skill level, The Wanton Song, Immigrant Song and Communication Breakdown tire my leg pretty good.

Now that I have tightened up my bass batter head and increased the tension in my foot pedal, it seems to be much easier.

Just made it through The Wanton Song the other day without a mistake for the first time. Started working on it last year. Definitely has made my bass work much better.

I have my iPod structured so that I start with the wanton song, then the ocean, then the immigrant song, then the rover, then communication breakdown. I get somewhat of a rest between each of the more intense bass drum songs. Hopefully within a few months I can play all three of the difficult ones back to back.

My bass foot really sucks, easy stuff Like listen to the music by doobie bros. is giving me a fit as well as Barracuda which now down right feels impossible. Been playing for about 6 yrs now but have really neglected my bass foot. I have just started doing Steve Smith's exercise of toe heel, heel up, flat foot, and full leg and I am only at 60bpm playing 16th's...uggghhhhh

would love to play my time of dying, and the wanton song but until I can get listen to the music down there is no sense even trying those right now. I have fought getting a double pedal but am starting to think I should just bite the bullet and get one.

Back