NEW LUDWIG HARDWARE!!

KarlCrafton

Platinum Member
Check this out. Wow!

http://www.ludwig-drums.com/atlas/index.php

It's about time.

This stuff looks awesome.

LOVE the Flat Base stands. Two slotted feet so the legs can overlap. Little bit beefier tubing than other FB stands from anyone else too.
That is interesting to me.
I like the styling too.

This is NOT "OLD" time gear at all. Add-ons to work as a system.....
Fantastic.

The heavier stands have mem locks, & the site has tube diams to pick what you wanna deal with hauling. That's cool.

Last edited:
I am so glad for all you Ludwig guys out there. This has been my biggest beef with this company. Keep up with everyone else. The stuff looks great. You will now be able to proudly use Ludwig hardware, with your Ludwig tubs. Cheers! :)

Yes KC I was just on Ludwigs site the classic Atlas stands are very cool IMO I been wanting to get some light hardware & these seem perfect.

I might just have to pick up a couple of cymbal stands for my EPIC "Downbeats" just to give it the "Vintage"(OLD) vibe..lol. I always love the old Bonham videos with the old Atlas stands just swaying back & forth like a Church choir..lmao

I'm digging it indeed.

Bonzolead

My biggest beef as well (for a looong time).

You're right, when a drummer buys a kit, and if they "care" about "gear" and all that, you do want that brand hardware on the kit.

Even though on the White kit you have the DW stuff (for that application/rack) on the other kits, with Mapex, you got mem. locks, and an up to date tilter, etc...AND it looks good.

Glad Selmer/Steinway finally stepped up to the plate to make Ludwig a "real" company again.

Looks like some good hardware. Really good hardware.

They've done a good job, refreshing the whole line in one go. Most impressive.

If/when I get a downbeat kit, the flat base Atlas hardware would be a good addition.

I'm not sure I dig the tilers though. They seem similar to the Pearls design, while while nice, tends to give out after 20 years of use.

Finally. It's been sad to watch Ludwig flounder around with hardware that was stuck in the 70's and 80's.

Wow. So much cool stuff... I'm looking forward to trying some of this stuff out when it finally hits the shops!

Side note: check out the sweet configuration gallery! Did anyone else notice what appears to be an aluminum-finished acrolite on the white double kick Classic Maples? Not to mention the CLEAR Zep Set? hmm...

Another reason to get back to the flat-based Ludwig hardware! It's a bout time. those pedals don't look bad either. Fortunately I'll get to check 'em out at NAMM this weekend. Maybe I can talk 'em in to selling me a set of the flat-based stuff.....

The Atlas Pro stuff looks good, especially the low snare stand. Wonder how much this stuff will go for. Hopefully they wont jack up the prices like on these new Club Date kits.

Another reason to get back to the flat-based Ludwig hardware! It's a bout time. those pedals don't look bad either. Fortunately I'll get to check 'em out at NAMM this weekend. Maybe I can talk 'em in to selling me a set of the flat-based stuff.....

Make sure you give us some impressions after you've looked at their new stuff, Bo.
...especially the pedals.

I am so frikkin' excited!

EDIT: anyone have any clue as to the pricing?

The pro Atlas pedals kinda look like a cross between the dw5000 & a Speed King..very nice.

Ludwig is back..love it

Bonzolead

Yes, good move Ludwig. I especially like the flat based stands. Won't have me changing from my Yamaha hardware anytime soon though, because that stuff never breaks! From a company POV though, I might consider a flat based set to complement one of our classic drum designs for our next exhibition. At last, some flat based stands that look like they'll actually hold something up :) Kudos to Ludwig for making such a big investement. Let's just hope the QA is up to scratch.

Pedals look nice...too bad this is about 20 years too late. A legacy of crap hardware has my Ludwig drums surrounded by some solid Gibraltar, Yamaha, and DW hardware and pedals. While the new stuff looks great and very well designed (albeit a lot of DW and even Pearl copying in the new Atlas), I cannot fathom trading in my current hardware just to 'match' my drums especially since I have no interest in replacing my Ludwigs that are as old as I am.

In the words of Darth Vader, "it's too late for me son."

Yes, good move Ludwig. I especially like the flat based stands. Won't have me changing from my Yamaha hardware anytime soon though, because that stuff never breaks! From a company POV though, I might consider a flat based set to complement one of our classic drum designs for our next exhibition. At last, some flat based stands that look like they'll actually hold something up :) Kudos to Ludwig for making such a big investement. Let's just hope the QA is up to scratch.

Sorry my Yamaha stands (cymbal & snare) are broken thats why I went to dw there stuff never breaks 18 yrs later and they're just like when I got em'...just talking from personal experience not trying to bash a company.

the tom-holders were very good though they've stood the test..lol

Bonzolead

Man...and I just bought all my DW hardware last year! Looks great...good for Ludwig. Hardware is one area where they haven't been giving as much attention.

When I got my Ludwig shell pack last summer, I bought Ludwig hardware. The guy who owns the store told me Ludwig would be upgrading their hardware in 2012 and he would give me a good deal on a trade when they came out.

I will say that the cases look just like the ones I have only with a different color (red and white vs. black). The stands are all new though. I'll have to go look at them; thanks for the "heads up" Karl!

This is a massive leap in terms of hardware for Ludwig, I'm really diggin' this stuff.

Back