New Metro Drum Co. Kit

kyleshipton

Hey guys, thought I'd post some photos and specs of my new drums from Metro Drum Co here in Queensland Australia. Really happy with how the kit turned out, Paul at Metro is a true craftsman and does incredible work for a one man business.

The drums are 4 ply shells with 4 ply re-rings. We came up with the shell composition drawing inspiration from a 3 ply Ludwig Mahog/Poplar/Mahog shell, and these drums really do have that vintage vibe.

I also got a 14x6.5 8 ply Luan snare in psychedelic red wrap which sounds beautiful.

Sizes -
24x14 Kick
20x12 Kick
13x9 Rack Tom
16x16 Floor Tom

You can check out Metro Drum Co on facebook here - https://www.facebook.com/metrodrums

Here's some photos of the kit by itself and also my set up at a small outdoor show on the weekend. Excuse the face in the 3rd photo haha.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Reactions: I-P
Great looking drums. I bet that they have that big vintage sound. What type of bearing edges do they have?

Great looking drums. I bet that they have that big vintage sound. What type of bearing edges do they have?

Cheers. The edge is very similar to a baseball edge but not a constant radius so a bit less round. They have a wide tuning range, quite dry when tuned low but they tune up for the jazz style tone really well.

Such a beautiful kit, why do you look morose while setting it up. You're about to play that and you look like you just saw a puppy get run over.

What kind of K ride is that in the last photo?

Such a beautiful kit, why do you look morose while setting it up. You're about to play that and you look like you just saw a puppy get run over.

What kind of K ride is that in the last photo?

Haha, the sound guy at the gig was taking photos and I didn't realise.. Looked up and there he was with a camera - hence the deer in head lights look.

The ride is a 24" K Light Ride. One of my favourite cymbals for sure.

Took the drums out for some outdoor shots today. I'm no professional photographer but I don't think they turned out too bad.

8XSjD4H.jpg

FVPznPN.jpg

gXHEJVW.jpg

CthC80d.jpg

FAI1Qxg.jpg

Reactions: I-P
Those are beautiful! I wonder if they'd make single-headed concert toms?

I wonder if they'd make single-headed concert toms?

THIS is what I was missing while you were floating in no woman's/mans land. The daily concert tom mention.

(Trying hard not to be sexist)

If my name was Tom and I was a drummer....I still wouldn't call myself Concert Tom lol.

THIS is what I was missing while you were floating in no woman's/mans land. The daily concert tom mention.

(Trying hard not to be sexist)

If my name was Tom and I was a drummer....I still wouldn't call myself Concert Tom lol.

Just statin' the obvious - if the mic on the inside works so well for bass drums, why nobody admits that it works for toms as well is beyond me.

Just statin' the obvious - if the mic on the inside works so well for bass drums, why nobody admits that it works for toms as well is beyond me.

Said by a guy who doesn't use concert toms. If you dig them so much why then do you not use them? Could it be...

SATAN?

Back