Show off your TAMA !

here are a couple pics of my Starclassic Maple Kit:

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

Hi guys. Well turns out the starclassic i was looking at wasn't fake, it was the maple series which have translucent finishes. It's also one of the older models which apparently had a big starclassic logo and a small tama logo at the bottom of the kick skin.

drms.JPG

here's an older pic with some crappy old cymbals

peds.JPG

here's what it looks like at the moment, as you can see i've got a couple of decent cymbals and put both the toms on top. Now i really need a floor tom.

Last edited:
First time I see a StarClassic maple with Accutune hoops ???

I know StarClassic Performer (birch) came with Accutune hoops in 1996 but the not the maple one. Maybe were they added by the previous owner.

First time I see a StarClassic maple with Accutune hoops ???

I know StarClassic Performer (birch) came with Accutune hoops in 1996 but the not the maple one. Maybe were they added by the previous owner.

i think they were, it's a bit of a shame they aren't wood but hey it's starclassic for imperialstar money so i can't really complain ;)

i thought starclassic maple always had 10 lugs bassdrum, not 8 as yours, performer did until 2003/4.

Oh it must be a performer series then! yeah that looks exactly like my kit. The guy at the shop said it was maple but i suppose it must be mahogany/birch in that case. Actually i was using some birch plywood for technology and the grain looked the same as on my drums so it must. So not quite as good as i thought but it's still a starclassic and i still got a pretty good deal. It also means it's all original too and some idiot didn't ruin it with accutune hoops ;) bit pissed off that the shop lied to me tho.

Oh it must be a performer series then! yeah that looks exactly like my kit. The guy at the shop said it was maple but i suppose it must be mahogany/birch in that case. Actually i was using some birch plywood for technology and the grain looked the same as on my drums so it must. So not quite as good as i thought but it's still a starclassic and i still got a pretty good deal. It also means it's all original too and some idiot didn't ruin it with accutune hoops ;) bit pissed off that the shop lied to me tho.

What I'd do being you is I would get back there and tell them they were wrong, so wrong...

You believe them and in their professionalism but in the end you dont end with maple shell so asked them if you can pickup a snare, or a cymbal stand or at least some sticks ! Ah Ah Ah !!!

the finish is called amber gold (honey gold for maple).

Wow thanks for being so helpful guys! I now know this kit definetly isn't a fake, it's a mid 90's starclassic performer series in amber gold.

What I'd do being you is I would get back there and tell them they were wrong, so wrong...

You believe them and in their professionalism but in the end you dont end with maple shell so asked them if you can pickup a snare, or a cymbal stand or at least some sticks ! Ah Ah Ah !!!

haha yeah well i don't think i need to really, i didn't buy them 'cos they were maple and it's still really good value, but i will enquire as to why they said this when i go to pay my £2.50 which i owe them. I do need some sticks actually...

I finally got my kit together after nearly 3 years of research and planning!

Here is a picture of the current setup. I might change the layout a bit as I have ran out of space to mount my 13" rack tom.

Currently the dimensions are as follows :

SMB2018 - (Diameter x depth) 20x18 bassdrum
SMF1412 - 14x12 floortom
SMF1614 - 16x14 floortom
SMT0807 - 8x7 racktom
SMT1008 - 10x8 racktom
SMT1208 - 12x8 racktom
SMT1309 - 13x9 racktom (Not shown in picture, still in box at the background in the first picture)
MP125 - 5"x12" Mike Portnoy Signature Snare
MP1455 - 5.5"x14" Mike Portnoy Signature Snare

P1020473.jpg

P1020472.jpg

Last edited:
haha yeah well i don't think i need to really, i didn't buy them 'cos they were maple and it's still really good value, but i will enquire as to why they said this when i go to pay my £2.50 which i owe them. I do need some sticks actually...

Turns out apparently it was "an honest mistake." Even though it had been in his shop for ages, the guy at the shop never even noticed that the starclassic logo was a badge rather than painted on. Apparently all starclassics had accutune hoops at one point though or something.

Turns out apparently it was "an honest mistake." Even though it had been in his shop for ages, the guy at the shop never even noticed that the starclassic logo was a badge rather than painted on. Apparently all starclassics had accutune hoops at one point though or something.
No, the original starclassic were starclassic maple and starclassic birch. The stopped producing the birch in 95(after that only offered in japan), and after some year (96 i think) offering a midlevel starclassic called performer wich didn´t come in 100%birch , it was a sandwich of birch and phillipine mahogny. The performers had accutune until 1997, when they came with woodhoops. In 99 they where upgraded to allbirch. The accutune then jumped to the last artstar in producion, artstar es.
So, starclassic maple always had woodhoops and 10 lugs.
Performer Has eveloped many times since they where first offered, from a mildevel kit to a fully proffessional kit. I have owned two of them, one hybrid performer/maple in honey/amber gold, and one hybrid performer/maple i dark cherry fade. Beautiful drums.

Imperialstar
Granstar with Artwood maple snare
Starclassic Performer

Attachments

• new 007.jpg
    new 007.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 4,907
  • granstars%20004.jpg
    granstars%20004.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 4,869
  • Picture 017[1].jpgweb.jpg
    Picture 017[1].jpgweb.jpg