New here ... pics of my Tama Rockstar and snaredrums !!!

i really like your kit... reminds me the days when i bought my first drums while i dreamed having a rockstar kit!

do you like the metal-x crash?? would you suggest it to somebody or no?

Hello,

First off .. excuse me for my very late reaction (its been a while since I've been doing forums ... very busy at work, etc.).

The Metal-X crash is been replaced a few months after your post I believe ... now there is a 16" Vault crash .. less loud then the Metal-X.

I would say the Metal-X is too loud for most styles except for Metal :p !

Thnx for your comment !!!

Very nice kit. I wish i could set all of my hardware up and just put the drums ware they belong. I never play the same set up twice. Everythings always slighly different. As always tama makes great kits at every level.

This is a pic of the setup I use nowadays ... this threat is getting old I guess :p !

IMG_0123.jpg

Only if I play smaller venues I'm setting up things differently.

Thnx for your comment btw ! ... sorry for my (very very) late reaction ... I've not been checking forums for awhile (work work work :p).

Cheers

I love the carpet with the tape on it. I assume you take it to shows you play and such, I know I would! I've got to get a cheap rug like that.

Still using the same carpet everywhere I play ... I also have mounted 2 wooden blocks in front of the bassdrum-spurs in order to keep them in place.

Soon everything will be replaced with new things (new carpet .. new drums .. more info next post).

Since 2,5 years now I've been playing with the band Influenz (www.influenz.be) ... been gigging A LOT ... have been recording .. touring ...

Having a great time of my life now :) !!!

Ladies & Gentleman,

Sorry to let this threat been down for awhile, I've been doing so much things last 2,5 year that I found no space anymore to follow my own threat. So excuse me for that ;) !

But there's also good news (at least for me :p ) ...

... I've been upgrading lately ...

... and have ordered a NEW SET !!!

I can say ... its NOT a Tama (nor Pearl, Mapex, DW, Sonor, ...)

In about 2 months Gert Breughelmans of Lignum drums (Belgium) will finish my set I ordered in january. The set will look like this :

Bassdrum: 24"x14"
Bassdrum: 20"x14"
Tom tom: 10"x7,5"
Tom tom: 12"x8"
Floortom: 14"x12"
Floortom: 16"x13"
Snare: 14"x6"

All this built from Birch staves !!!

... I'm getting excited to have it soon (around May).

Should I make a new threat ?

Last edited:
Back