Gergo Borlai

I think you spelled his name wrong on the video title there Ron. According to this baby naming website it is pronounced "GER-guu". The man is a beast and a half behind the kit, first time I saw him I was just blown away.

There is a video of him jamming with a bass player, might be a couple of bass players, can't remember. Anyway, that was the video that officially made me a fan. Thanks for posting the vid.

Saw him live at Drum Festival Switzerland (yes there was one a few weeks ago,
including Claus Hessler, Florian Alexandru-Zorn, George Kollias, Thomas Lang,
Mylious Johnson and Gergo :D!!!), and besides being an absolute MONSTER
behind the drums, he was a very nice and humble guy who sincerely enjoyed
every drummer that played that day.
Gergo really is a beast! Enormous speed, insane tightness, creativity for a lifetime
and a serious, serious groove!

I think you spelled his name wrong on the video title there Ron. According to this baby naming website it is pronounced "GER-guu". The man is a beast and a half behind the kit, first time I saw him I was just blown away.

There is a video of him jamming with a bass player, might be a couple of bass players, can't remember. Anyway, that was the video that officially made me a fan. Thanks for posting the vid.

I made a typo when i was editing the video - I do know how to spell Gergo's name but my fingers were a little tipsy after a few hours of typing and editing. The typo has been corrected.

I have been calling him and introducing him as "Gair - GO" and he hasn't corrected me. His last name is pronounced "BOR-lay".

At least I didn't spell Vinnie with a Y like Ludwig.

I actually asked a Hungarian bartender this weekend. She said that it is pronounced Gaar-guh. First syllable like "Garish" and the second like "gun".

No matter how his name is pronounced, he is one helluva drummer.

Back