Mini kits with 16"kick!

wonder1

PIC_0710-1.jpg

16x16 floor tom cut to 16x12 as Kick now! attached a plywood as front head.It doesn't effect/change the kick's sound!notice there's a home-made wooden kick-base attached to the 16"shell(I nail it!)
PIC_0705-2.jpg

That's the whole-kits.10"Tom,13"Floor,13"Snare.all the drum are single headed but with 1"reinforcement hoop attached at the bottom to make it sound good(I don't want it to sound like concert tom or timbales!)There's a home-made snare-wire attached inside the shell.

I'll post up my latest configuration with a 14" bass drum soon. I like the idea of the cradle, but I'm really not sure about the plywood front head. Is there a way of mounting a conventional head on this?

I'll post up my latest configuration with a 14" bass drum soon. I like the idea of the cradle, but I'm really not sure about the plywood front head. Is there a way of mounting a conventional head on this?
Not for this one...unless I move the wooden kick-base a bit just for the lug...plus i need to trim the bearing edge.I suggest if you want to use conventional head in-front than just keep the floor-tom 16x16 don't cut it!!

Sweet, I made a similar cradle for my daughters set with a 16X16 floor as a bass.

Attachments

• Amys Drumset 1.jpg
    Amys Drumset 1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 2,473
  • Amys drumset 2.jpg
    Amys drumset 2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 2,507
PIC_0710-1.jpg

16x16 floor tom cut to 16x12 as Kick now! attached a plywood as front head.It doesn't effect/change the kick's sound!notice there's a home-made wooden kick-base attached to the 16"shell(I nail it!)
PIC_0705-2.jpg

That's the whole-kits.10"Tom,13"Floor,13"Snare.all the drum are single headed but with 1"reinforcement hoop attached at the bottom to make it sound good(I don't want it to sound like concert tom or timbales!)There's a home-made snare-wire attached inside the shell.

Can I have that? Please?

Seriously, I love it. What did it cost to make, roughly? I suck at mods, building stuff, etc. But I love it.

351085923_6_1Gzk.jpeg

Here's mine with a 16x14 kick. Its an early Hipgig and practice set.

Earlyer this month I used only the kick with an 12 and 8'' sidesnare. Really poppin' in the forrest (where the fest. was held) the kick is quite impressive for its size (maybe its the woodplate onb the front :p)

I have a sound clip at home, wich I will post later.

Last edited:
Like I just posted up in my own thread.

14"x12"

Attachments

• Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    478.2 KB · Views: 2,495
  • Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    473.2 KB · Views: 2,457
wow, I could never play one of those things lol. I've got legs and a riser I use on my 18" floor tom that I've used as a kick before, but its so weird being all high pitched and such. I can't imagine using a smaller one.

[

Wow, very very neat. I really like your mini kits.

Don't you have a bunch of threads on these? You might want to think about just having one thread about with your kits and adding to it. That way, everything will be in one place when people look for it or when you have your latest creation.

Do you sell these? Do you have Web site? You really should. Your designs are clever and original and I'd like to hear how they sound also.

Here are a couple differnet set ups with my 16 inch floor tom on my dw drum lift
late

0311081750.jpg

0309081652.jpg

0214081654a.jpg

Wow!DW drum-kits.I always love DW.Their drums & hardware are so beautiful!Hey!That's a very Cool set-up you have.Seem like you didn''t put any "Pillow"inside you 16"Kick.Did it Ring?

Sweet, I made a similar cradle for my daughters set with a 16X16 floor as a bass.
I like it! really cute drumset!As long as we can get the right position(16"kick) for the Beater.any cradle can do!I think you can use those Chrome/pvc pipe and make a "T" shape & attached it to the bottom of the 16"kick.That will look better!

351085923_6_1Gzk.jpeg

Here's mine with a 16x14 kick. Its an early Hipgig and practice set.

Earlyer this month I used only the kick with an 12 and 8'' sidesnare. Really poppin' in the forrest (where the fest. was held) the kick is quite impressive for its size (maybe its the woodplate onb the front :p)

I have a sound clip at home, wich I will post later.
That's a very cute Higgig that you have.I like the Shallow snare/tom.

Wow, very very neat. I really like your mini kits.

Don't you have a bunch of threads on these? You might want to think about just having one thread about with your kits and adding to it. That way, everything will be in one place when people look for it or when you have your latest creation.

Do you sell these? Do you have Web site? You really should. Your designs are clever and original and I'd like to hear how they sound also.

Thanks for your kind words!I always treat drum design/making as Hobby only(weekend or Holiday).Sorry...haven't got the idea of selling drums yet!who know one day!!!!!

Can I have that? Please?

Seriously, I love it. What did it cost to make, roughly? I suck at mods, building stuff, etc. But I love it.
I use very little $ for this drum's project!Just some wooden glue,Covering,Bolt & nuts,L shape metal for the kick's.I think around US$130.Cause I get the Covering for free from my old friend.He is a Carpenter & own a work-shop.There's always a huge left over covering in the store!(most of it will burn later!!!)May be you can get a used/second tom...just build a wooden kick-base or get a Chrome/PVC pipe made a "T"shape.attached it to 14",16" shell!

Wow!DW drum-kits.I always love DW.Their drums & hardware are so beautiful!Hey!That's a very Cool set-up you have.Seem like you didn''t put any "Pillow"inside you 16"Kick.Did it Ring?

I did eventually put some dampening , the little sucker does have a good deal of ring. Its made with the vertical grain technology so the floor toms are at a lower pitch. That things has some serious balls.
Mike

Back