Got a new Tama Exotix Snare...Check it out!

Thanks for the comments. Imagine how cool it would be to have the whole kit!
The snare is really nice. It's very very dark, and suprisingly loud. Rimshots sound fantastic. I would have gotten the new Warlord Bubinga, but I really don't like those lugs.
I don't remember exactly what I paid for it. I got it New OId Stick form some guy on ebay. think it was probably like 400 or 425.
I have it tuned relatively low and it sounds like a 7", it has a pretty impressive tuning range.
I had some Starclassic Performers a while back, and for a midrange kit, Tama really delivers quality.

I know I'm ressurecting an old thread, my apologies

I've just bought an Exotix snare on eBay UK. Bubinga with Haiwain Koa. Apparantly one of 300 ever made. Very similar to Hateplow's.

I'll post pics when I get it.

I know I'm ressurecting an old thread, my apologies

I've just bought an Exotix snare on eBay UK. Bubinga with Haiwain Koa. Apparantly one of 300 ever made. Very similar to Hateplow's.

I'll post pics when I get it.

Wow, it's been like 4 years since I had that drum...sigh.

Hateplow, is that not somethig we like to call "a keeper"?

You also said it was 8 plies of Rosewood, then bracketed Bubinga, two different species of wood, unless bubinga is part of the rosewood family, not totally sure. I would rather have a rosewood snare over a bubinga.

"Harder and heavier than either Brazilian or Indian Rosewood, Bubinga is sometimes known as African Rosewood, although it’s not a Dalbergia."

All of my drums have been "keepers", but like my women, they lose their luster after wailing on them for a couple of months. :)

Received it on Saturday and took it out in the garden for a photo shoot..............

IMG_9985.jpg

IMG_9984.jpg

IMG_9983.jpg

I like it, my missus isn't that impressed with it, but then she's not a snareaholic like me :)

Also got the certificate of authenticity with it too.

Back