My Tama Starclassic Performer 100% Birch kit from 1999

Nictarine

Silver Member
I got this kit in a craigslist trade four or five years ago!

This kit has been through hell and back judging from the scratches but it sounds incredible, I get compliments at every gig I play with it.

It's a Tama Starclassic Performer 100% Birch kit from 1999
24x16 kick, 12x9 rack, and a 16x16 floor tom
I've got an EMAD on the kick drum and Remo Coated Vintage Emperors on the toms

I also use a Pork Pie Pig Lite acrylic snare drum, a 24" Sabian APX ride, a 20" Sabian APX crash, a 21" Sabian Raw Bell Dry Ride, a 20" Zildjian ZBT Crash Ride, and 15" Zildjian Sweet Hats

The pictures are from a recording session I did earlier today for a friend of mine that's going to audio engineering school, once I get the recordings back from him I'll post them too.

Attachments

• 2015-06-05 13.29.04.jpg
    2015-06-05 13.29.04.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 464
  • 2015-06-05 11.37.05.jpg
    2015-06-05 11.37.05.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 356
Very nice! Simple and to the point, and a reliable tool for making music. I'm sure they have many more years left to them!

Diggin' your vintage Tama hat stand. I have an old 1970s Flexi Flyer with that pedal plate and still love it.

Very nice! Simple and to the point, and a reliable tool for making music. I'm sure they have many more years left to them!

Diggin' your vintage Tama hat stand. I have an old 1970s Flexi Flyer with that pedal plate and still love it.

Simple is EXACTLY what I was going for actually!
I added another crash that's going to go on the right side above the 24" ride which to me already feels like too much stuff!

That Tama hi hat stand is by far my favorite hat stand, that external spring comes in handy if you're using heavy hi hat cymbals OR light ones too! It's hard to beat old Tama hardware, I've got a Tama Titan snare stand and a Tama Titan cymbal stand that I've been using forever!

Had to Google the Flexi Flyer but it looks interesting!!

Sweet kit...the crooked front head would drive me insane.

Back