Some of my gear. Beginning with my favorite subject, snares

W

wy yung

Many of my photos that some may be aware of have been deleted. So I will post some here. Sorry to those who've seen them.

In alphabetical order.

Brady 12x7" 6 ply jarrah.

IMGP5154.jpg

IMGP5155.jpg

Brady 14x8" 6 ply jarrah.

IMGP5228.jpg

IMGP5230.jpg

Dixon 14x5" Marble snare. I put a nice fat 40 strand wire on it :)

IMGP5317-1.jpg

IMGP5316-1.jpg

LeSoprano 14x6 1/2 ProBirch. It was a bit out of control so I put die cast hoops on it. Now it's amazing!

IMGP5273.jpg

IMGP5277.jpg

The amazing Pearl Reference 14x5" 20 ply birch/maple snare.

IMGP5318.jpg

IMGP5319.jpg

Pearl Sensitone Elite 14x5" aluminium snare.

IMGP5329.jpg

Pearl Sensitone 12x5" steel snare.

IMGP5292.jpg

Pearl Masters Custom Extra 13x5" snare.

IMGP5264.jpg

IMGP5266.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a few of my Sonor snares. Sadly the one that is the greatest drum of any kind I have ever played, a Designer 14x5 maple with walnut veneer, is not pictured. Nor are many of my snares in fact. Especially my Sonor's. But here's a few.

First, 13x5 Artist beech.

IMGP5157.jpg

27 plies of beech wood = a massive sound! My # 1 funk snare drum.

IMGP5159.jpg

Delite 14x4.25 maple.

IMGP5246.jpg

Again, look at those bearing edges. Sonor cut incredible bearing edges.

IMGP5249.jpg

Last edited:
......??????......!!!!!!!!

Dude, I've owned cars that cost less than your collection. Very nice! I am a big Sonor snare fan so I really liked seeing those. How does the brass Sonor Artist sound? I really want one!

Sadly I only have one of my TAMA snares on film. And boy is it ugly! But it sounds great. John Blackwell Signature 13x6 1/2 steel snare. Although I've not gigged or recorded this drum, I am told my drum records wonderfully and is a joy to play live. I have used it on rehearsals and it was cool.

IMGP5283.jpg

IMGP5278.jpg

Sadly this is the last of my snares on film, a yamaha 14x5 1/2 Maple Custom. The reason is because I do not own a camera. Why? Because if I have money to buy a camera, I'd rather use it to buy a snare. No contest!

This is a great recording drum. I would never gig it because I've seen too many Yamaha snare drums with broken strainers because yamaha makes them with plastic components. A really bloody stupid idea Yamaha. And Sonor on the S Classix. USE METAL. METAL IS HARDER THAN PLASTIC. Morons.

A great drum nonetheless.

IMGP5243.jpg

IMGP5241.jpg

Back