Sonor SQ2

csd000

SQ2......Great Kit. I am going to order another tom. either an 8" or a 14".....I have been told that it will take 6 months to receive it from Germany... :(

Attachments

• sonor 3.jpg
    sonor 3.jpg
    858.2 KB · Views: 6,219
  • Sonor 2.jpg
    Sonor 2.jpg
    942 KB · Views: 1,699
Looks great mate (I feel your pain re: waiting for gear to arrive from distant countries though). That shed doesn't look like it has any insulation around it (from what I can see) so hopefully you're in rural Oz where the noise won't worry anyone?
I like my mounted toms nice and close together (and the hi-hat as close as possible to the snare) so I would go with the 8" Tom but of course it's up to you.

Interesting kit. I like the vertical grain theme that is present on both the shells and the bass drum hoops.
I am surprised that you opted for the bass drum mounted toms. You don't see a lot of that these days.
I am old school so I have no problem with bass drum mounted toms. I find them to be both practical, and functional.

Nice! The hardware looks pretty impressive.

I am surprised that you opted for the bass drum mounted toms. You don't see a lot of that these days.

That particular one's aesthetics are really putting me off... but as long as they're isolated a la the old Mapex Saturn bass drum mounts, I have no issues. I just happen to prefer cymbal stand clamps.

Oh, but that's a really gorgeous kit. What a killer finish! And I like those UFiPs too :)

I would go with the 8" Tom but of course it's up to you.

Second that! You'll have a lot more fun with that higher voice! The inner shell area is incredible looking! Nice set.

Wow, that's about as good as it gets. I hope the shed protects it from the elements.

I'd also get the 8" over the 14" but would prefer to have both.

Love that kit.

If you have to wait 6 months, get both the 8" and 14".

Hi all, thanks for your feedback..
The tom mount is just that...no hole through the bass drum just a mount that sit on the bass drum...it works very well. The inside of the shells is so amazing. The sound of each drum is the best ive heard. They are really the ultimate kit.

Attachments

• BDrum.jpg
    BDrum.jpg
    919.4 KB · Views: 3,982
Fantastic drums.

Re. mounting toms from the BD - if you're a gigging drummer (as I am) it really is the best option because they set up in exactly the same position every time. To achieve that with cymbal-mounted hardware you have to have foot marks on your drum mat & have the heights marked - a real pain.

The main reason I would go with the 14" floor tom is that the SQ2's amazing shell sound would get entirely lost in the smallish 8 " shell. If need be, get the 8 later. Or as someone else said, get both.

BTW, that is an unusual looking bass drum tom mount. As long as it functions great, that's all that matters.

Dennis

Great looking kit man. I love the ufip and paiste. Iv been wanting to try a ufip out eventually I have never even seen one in person in my area.

The main reason I would go with the 14" floor tom is that the SQ2's amazing shell sound would get entirely lost in the smallish 8 " shell. If need be, get the 8 later. Or as someone else said, get both.

BTW, that is an unusual looking bass drum tom mount. As long as it functions great, that's all that matters.

Dennis

its a very solid and usable mount that can be customised in every way. very solid. typical german quality. the mount alone is worth about $1000

Nice kit! The outside finish is stratawood obviously. I'm always a bit torn between loving
it and not so much liking it. Can't decide :).

Is the inside American walnut?

The tom mount must be like the old designer series style, right? Were you able to order
that at the SQ2 page? I didn't knew that is an option.

I picked up my SQ2 8" tom after I got my kit. I must say that Sonor perfectly matched the finish and the medium maple shell works very well in an 8" tom

F

Back