Just This Moment I Have Purchased A Black Beauty

I love mine. The sound it makes is something I wish I could eat somehow.

Thanks for all of the comments; I kind of feel like I have now joined a club or something. I played it last night and one surprise for me; besides all of the obvious benefits ,is that it kind kept me in reign. Not that I flail all over the place usually but it I felt more in control over the whole kit and it also made the kit sound better. Sort of like if you hit once, why hit it again unnecessarily.
I am very pleased, and oh yea, it defiantly is a Beauty.

Cheers

Sound like your on the road to becoming less invasive and more melodic in your playing. I didn't know a BB could do that. Just kiddin'

I was at a jam the other night, and there was a BB on the house kit.
Funny, when I first heard it, (someone else playing it) I didn't realize it was a BB. I was like meh...Then another drummer got up there and pulled a much nicer tone from it. So I was like, maybe I'll just use that. But when it came time for me to play, I asked if I could replace the snare. I wanted my snare tone to sound different than everyone else. Plus the BB had some tape on it, which I don't like. The guy looked a little bewildered, like why do you want to replace a BB? But he was OK with it and while I handed him my 14 x 7 Guru to put on the stand, he took a stick to it and said...."Oh wow" lol.

Trying to think of a clever way to tie this to the thread subject but I can't.

Congratulations on your new awesome snare Bruce.

I own two: a 6.5 and a 5. The 6.5 is a very nice, versatile drum. Incredibly warm and responsive at all volumes. The 5 is a beast. I'm head over heels for its tone and power.

I was at a jam the other night, and there was a BB on the house kit.
Funny, when I first heard it, (someone else playing it) I didn't realize it was a BB. I was like meh...Then another drummer got up there and pulled a much nicer tone from it. So I was like, maybe I'll just use that. But when it came time for me to play, I asked if I could replace the snare. I wanted my snare tone to sound different than everyone else. Plus the BB had some tape on it, which I don't like. The guy looked a little bewildered, like why do you want to replace a BB? But he was OK with it and while I handed him my 14 x 7 Guru to put on the stand, he took a stick to it and said...."Oh wow" lol.

Trying to think of a clever way to tie this to the thread subject but I can't.

Congratulations on your new awesome snare Bruce.

That's OK, I get it, I appreciate the sound of my other 2 snares and at times you must go with what you know is right for the music.

I asked if I could replace the snare. I wanted my snare tone to sound different than everyone else. Plus the BB had some tape on it, which I don't like. The guy looked a little bewildered, like why do you want to replace a BB? But he was OK with it and while I handed him my 14 x 7 Guru to put on the stand, he took a stick to it and said...."Oh wow" lol.

Hey, wait a minute, is it fair to bring your Guru snare to a jam?

Come to think of it, I have played some really bad snares at jams. And now you have given me an idea.
I really should bring my own snare to jams. Great idea, thanks !

That's a good one. I know you play jazz primarily; do you use a diplomat?
I bet that sounds great.
Bruce, I usually use the BB (which is a 6.5") when playing music with a backbeat. I've had coated Emperors on it and I prefer Ambassadors for small-group acoustic music, so I usually just bring the 5" Supra with Ambassador to jazz gigs. I probably should try it with a single-ply head, but I've not done that yet.

I don't own a BB, but I just know a clear snare side will bring out that BB sound. 3mil is fine, will give it that beefiness and crisp sound its famous for.
on Remo CA top for sure.

I don't own a BB, but I just know a clear snare side will bring out that BB sound. 3mil is fine, will give it that beefiness and crisp sound its famous for.
on Remo CA top for sure.

Alternatively, you can just order the OEM Top/Bottom for Ludwig.

LW3314 (Snare Batter Medium Coated)
C1114 (Snare Resonant Head Clear)

Bruce, I usually use the BB (which is a 6.5") when playing music with a backbeat. I've had coated Emperors on it and I prefer Ambassadors for small-group acoustic music, so I usually just bring the 5" Supra with Ambassador to jazz gigs. I probably should try it with a single-ply head, but I've not done that yet.

I like the the Ambassador but I will try out an Evans G12, I have one already so it can't hurt just to check it out.

Thanks

Back