Inverted Double Stroke problems (Watched Bill Bachman's video)

monstertree123

Hi guys! I recently watched Bill Bachman's video about Inverted Double Stroke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5hQ2K3ZvE8

I faced a problem about the accent on second note. I could do it fine for the speed before bpm 180 eighth note (bpm 90 16th note) by wrist. Once the speed is around bpm 200 or bpm 110 with 16th note, the accent sound I played is not good and too loud. I tried to play a bit softly but it sounds like non-accent. I used alley-oop technique for bpm 100 (16th notes) up for double stroke due to poor wrist muscles. If I intend to play without accents, the sound is fine.

It is amazing that Bill is playing this rudiments with bpm 180 16th note with clear accent sound. Speed is another problem for me. :(

Any ideas? Thanks guys!

This exercise will change your drumming life. Just put in about 2 months of daily work on it and your hands will be on a whole 'nother level. Don't be shocked when your single stroke roll gets better from this exercise as well.

Better yet, drink the Kool-Aid, take Skype lessons from Bill and become one of the prized few actually taking real action to get your hands together.

I never thought I would be able to play doubles without pain after my elbow surgery. Bill has me playing them at 240 BPM. I can do the invert shot roll at 160 cleanly after starting out at the absolute bottom.

This exercise will change your drumming life. Just put in about 2 months of daily work on it and your hands will be on a whole 'nother level. Don't be shocked when your single stroke roll gets better from this exercise as well.

Better yet, drink the Kool-Aid, take Skype lessons from Bill and become one of the prized few actually taking real action to get your hands together.

I never thought I would be able to play doubles without pain after my elbow surgery. Bill has me playing them at 240 BPM. I can do the invert shot roll at 160 cleanly after starting out at the absolute bottom.

I think you just need to keep doing it modeling what I'm doing. That's the name of the game. I wouldn't expect to make it all the way through on day 1!

Thank you guys for your comments. I keep practicing then :)

It is not something that comes with hitting it for 20 minutes a day for 4 weeks. I have been working on my doubles at least an hour a day for about a year now and am just getting comfortable. Not even close to where I want to be, like Todd Sucherman shows us in his 2nd method and mechanics video. Unbelievably fast and articulate to me. For him, it probably does not seem overly fast.

Back