Your Favourite Band That is Not Well Known

Incognito...

Can I get a 2 times 10 paleeze!

Dead Meadow.

Somebody go listen to 'Shivering Kings & Others' and 'Feathers'.

Please.

James Gang- "James gang BANG" album- 1st release without Joe Walsh, hands down.
Uriah Heep "Demons and Wizards" would rate second.
J. Geils "Full House" album, since I play harp, too, and can do ALL the harp (and drum) parts to all songs. (listen to "Whammer Jammer", and try and tell me there is a better rockin' harp solo ANYWHERE)

Cheers,
C. P.

LMAO! Wouldn't really say they are "unknowns" but what cracks me up is we like the same bikes AND the same music...lol Been playing to some of my cd's lately but it'll be a few YEARS before I try anything off of Full House! That J. Geils drummer was a working mutha...!!!!!!

Fundamental Elements - www.fundamentalelements.net

They're a white soul/r&b group. Think Stevie, Michael, and Maroon 5. They have a song on their album Untied called "Brand New Guitar" that is all about musicians and new gear.

from the song: "I just got this brand new guitar, and I can't wait to get it home. Yeah, I know it's Friday night, but if it's alright, I'm gonna spend this one alone."

They are local to St. Louis but tour around the midwest a bit (AR,OK,IL,IA,TX,etc.)

Not sure if they're really unknown, but I'd say - Pinback. I simply love them.

You guys have to check out the band Missing in Venice
look them up on myspace or youtube
on youtube look for
MIV-This Side up
the drumming is incredible and the sound is solid

Lots of great stuff here. Seeing a few familiar bands to me in here... Katatonia is one I'm planning to see in September, and I've been looking into Spock's Beard for a while now, though I have yet to get around to buying an album of theirs. Hard to decide on my favorite, but here are my top three anyway, in no particular order.

Orbs - Bassist of Between the Buried and Me, Dan Briggs along with singer Adam Fisher from Fear Before the March of Flames (another great underground band, though I can only REALLY get into their album The Always Open Mouth... one of my favorite albums) along with some other really talented members whom I don't know their bands are in, what is for me, the best supergroup I have ever heard. I was already used to the vocalist by listening to Fear Before, and while their album is yet to be released, I've heard most of it on YouTube, and am (desperately) restraining myself from listening to them until I get get a physical copy... I really love their music haha... want it to be fresh when I can play it full quality. Well, aside from the two songs they allowed for free download... been drumming a lot to those lately.

Derdg - While their more current stuff is more mainstream sounding, I quite enjoy them. My personal favorite album from them is El Ceilo (first album that got me into them), but there's good stuff on each album. Great drummer too. I think of these three bands, these guys are more known, but I don't know anyone personally who's heard of them.

Woven - Electronic music, but played and recorded live. I believe they have two drummers, one being acoustic and one electric, but I've heard that their lineup has lost a member or something.. I don't know. I like their music a lot is all I know, and they have some pretty unique stuff, especially on their last album, Designer Codes.

Back