LP Jam block low
Iron cobra single
Roadpro hardware
Pearl Hi-hat stand

SNV33162.jpg

SNV33158.jpg

SNV33161.jpg

Comments welcome :)

Tama Superstars are great kits, good choice (I have one too)! I like your cymbal choice too, and the one up / two down set-up. Are they EC2's on your toms? How do they sound?

Sweet kit man! I love your setup, i bet that set you back a few bucks ay lol =)

Great stuff! Love the 602 hats, they've gotta sound pretty meaty. Do you really need all that inside the kick with a ported head and a Superkick on the batter? Step back from the kit (stand where your audience would hear you) and have someone else play. You may really want that dead sound, so I won't knock you if you do, but make sure you really know what your kit sounds like. This is also different if you plan on miking up, but even then you wouldn't be able to fit a mic through your porthole! I beg of you, unstuff your kick drum.

Ok i take on board what you are saying and I will unstuff the kick this week. (Gig Thursday) Thanks man

I have had the kit a couple years, bought it as a shell pack and then saved up to invest in some better hardware, which has made all the difference, not only in the way the kit feels to play (no movement!) but also in the way it looks. I have been playing with the 1 up/2 down set up and find it really comfortable and enjoyable to play.

I have been e-baying my old cymbals one by one as I want to change to Zildjian. This was not the plan originally but I have since fell in love with the sound of the 2 Zildjians I bought and now want to get them all changed. Having said that, the 15" 602's are monsters so I might hang on to them...

Big Philly, Im using EC2's over G1s The sound is really good, far far better than the stock heads and the tuning range is excellent. I was worried that they might sound like pizza boxes but they dont (unless you tune them that way of course) they are still nice and resonant.

Thanks for your comments guys :)

I have this one, which is fairly close. Taken wen I first got the kit, hence the TAMA reso heads. Hopefully this will give you an idea of the colour. This is quite accurate, the finish is a purple colour to me.

SNV30906.jpg

Thanks for that extra picture. I was going to buy an art wood snare a while back in this finish but there were many variations in color in different stock photos.

Updated pics of my set up, I now have a set of Zildjian new beats (which I love) and an Artwood snare in the same finish as the rest of the kit. (Razor, you might be interested in the Artwood, it looks and sounds awesome!)

Also, no more muffling! ;-)

SNV33200.jpg

Nice to see your bass drum can breathe now. You've got a totally killer lineup especially that artwood. So, still hanging on to those 602s?? : )

Still hanging onto the 602's for now but considering letting them go as I dont have a use for them and I prefer the tighter sound of the new beats. Im hoping to change my Sabian crashes for Zildjians, I want something thin, either A custom fast crashes or K dark thins....

haha i have the same kit! Got it about 4 months ago and i was wondering how many people out there have the same finish! It's tough finding others since they discontinued this model of superstar. i do love the drums tho. i still have stock reso heads but i'm running g2s on the batter side and emad2s on my kick batter. i also have a acrolite snare which is similiar to your old setup :p i'm really pleased with this finish as i'm sure you are as well. it's just stunning. perfect blend of classiness yet still modern looking cause of the chrome hardware. you've been enjoying your kit longer than me so i hope my future with mine is as good as yours! btw i'm also a slow cymbal trader. trying to constantly upgrade but just waiting for the perfect opportunity. i have zildjian quick beats for hats, zildjian a 20" medium ride, sabian AA 16" and HH 18"
i love zildjian as well too :) it's kinda creepy how similar our tastes and kits are hahahah

OH and also! i'm also trying to get the same setup as you! this is really creepy... i don't really like the 2 up 1 down setup so i have my 12" on a snare stand and i'm looking into buying a clamp to hold my 13" as a floor tom along with my 16" just like you are.... seriously this is weird hahahaha

Back