My Beginner Kit (and introduction)

Crystal Kid

Hey fellow drummers,

After browsing these forums for a good few months as a ghost, i thought id sign up and get involved alittle.

I recently Picked up a little Premier Rock kit from a friend at work after being interested in getting one for quite a while, and i got it for a steal too! They had it bought as a christmas present, and in the same year got a guitar, and learnt the latter. Leaving this poor thing unplayed in her garage. She sold it to me for £150! (£320 new!) There was litterally no useage visible on it! I really couldnt believe my luck.
Its only downfall were its terrible 'no brand' cymbals, but i sorted that out with a set of Stagg Sh's (13" Hats, 17" thin crash, 20" ride) And have since re-skinned it with Remo pinstripes, leaving me with a much punchier sound than the stock skins!

( )

I digress, i've been learning now for around the 4 month mark and have recently had my first lesson. Im finding myself caught up in the thrill of learning something new and being creative with my progression. Ive always wanted to be involved in music in some way, and i feel like ive found my true calling now! Being tone deaf can be overcome after all! Ha ha!

Anywho, heres a coupla pics of the Kit (stuck in my garage) and i look forwards to being an active and productive memeber of the lovely community you have here,

Peace out,
Tom =]

Attachments

• DRUMS SIDE.jpg
    DRUMS SIDE.jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 577
  • DRUMS ABOVE.jpg
    DRUMS ABOVE.jpg
    416.7 KB · Views: 561
I wouldn't say it looks totally unused but yeah i guess £150 is pretty good. It's an okay beginner kit i guess, maybe want to get some new cymbals if you're planning on taking this any further sometime.

Well done for you and i hope that it suites your needs and provides several years of faithful service. Also welcome to the forum.
Kevin

Thanks Kevin!

its not as bought in those pictures, thats after a month or so of using my remo's, i play nylon tipped so they get that cloudy look pretty quick.

and its all well and good telling me to get new cymbals, but im on a 19 year olds budget! those staggs serve me well, and they are on fincance anyway. Once they are paid for im thinking of going istanbuls, mainly because i want to get into a slightly different sound to my peers, who all play zildjan.

Hiya Kid. No matter how many drum kits you go through you'll always remember your first one. Yours looks like a very fine one indeed. Congratulations on joining the ranks. Hang around and let us know how you're doing.

welcome to the forum! thats a great looking kit and a better sounding deal, nicely done man, i'm sure you' re gonna love playing the drums - they're the oldest, bestest, coolest instrument known to man ;-)

......Once they are paid for im thinking of going istanbuls, mainly because i want to get into a slightly different sound to my peers, who all play zildjan.
Istanbuls....excellent choice. Any of the handmade Turkish cymbals will make your kit/sound "stand out", I like that concept. Welcome to the forum.

You will never forget your first kit! I have never forgotten mine! Sitting behind your beginner kit is the place that you will forge your fondest memories of drumming.
Welcome to the forum! Looks great!

Thanks for all the welcoming support guys!

I've already fallen in love with the kit, and its quirks.
Me and a friends packed the kick hi-tom snare and hats into his car and drove to the middle of nowhere and had a jam (he brough along his amp and guitar)

We played silly riffs and stupid beats until well after midnight! Never had so much fun, and the kit sounds brilliant outdoors! (pinstripes pack a heluva punch when they revebarate around a concrete carpark)

So it came the midnight giggers were born!

Rock on1

Yeah i have a similar story on how i got my first kit (Stagg Jia Series) the all maple one too! except it was from some rich old lady who's daughter had played it like twice, put new heads on and have ordered new cymbals (haven't come yet) scarily enough i got mine for 150 too, it was pounds though....

Pics:

Oh btw the pads are for muffling the snare (despite changing the batter head it has awful overtone i also have one in-between my crappy stock high hats) if u have the same problem try it out its a good alternative to tape or something like that... and finnally it came with a mid tom but my ride is a bit big and i have very little room....

Attachments

• DSC00365.JPG
    DSC00365.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC00369.JPG
    DSC00369.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 222
Yeah i have a similar story on how i got my first kit (Stagg Jia Series) the all maple one too! except it was from some rich old lady who's daughter had played it like twice, put new heads on and have ordered new cymbals (haven't come yet) scarily enough i got mine for 150 too, it was pounds though....

Pics:

Oh btw the pads are for muffling the snare (despite changing the batter head it has awful overtone i also have one in-between my crappy stock high hats) if u have the same problem try it out its a good alternative to tape or something like that... and finnally it came with a mid tom but my ride is a bit big and i have very little room....

You should like start your own thread or something.

Back