My Starclassics (Gold Hardware, blue finish)

indiadrummer

Hey guys, it's been a while since I showed my kit, and I can confidently say my kit has gotten much better. All the old junkers have been replaced, and I switched from two kicks to one. I mostly play progressive rock and metal.

Specs:
8, 10, 12, 14 and 16 inch toms, Evans G1 clear heads
13 inch snare, Remo Ambassador head
20 inch bass drum, Powerstroke 3 (I have a 24 inch kick too but I don't use it)
14 inch zildjian k custom hybrid hats
8 inch zildjian a custom splash
Meinl Generation X Filter 14 inch China
Nameless Sabian crash from the 80s (sounds amazing, like a zildjian a custom crash)
Zildjian K fast crash
Zildjian K custom ride
dw9000 double pedals (just got these, they are AMAZING)
Gibraltar V-Rack
Promark Shira Kashi Oak sticks 7A

And now some pictures :)

drum1.jpg

drum2.jpg

drum3.jpg

drum4.jpg

drum5.jpg

drum6.jpg

drum7.jpg

drum8.jpg

Like the gold hardware and the cymbals are great but do I see rust on the tom mounts??

nice kit man, the blue fade with gold hardware looks classy, just wondering how you like the 14" Gen-X China - how does it compare to a 'normal' china the same size, what's the sound like, etc... ???

Gorgeous! I just sold my immaculate Starclassic maple kit and you know what, I kind of regret it.

Hold onto it!!! :)

Gorgeous set, pro quality all the way around. You have thought things trough and consolidated your stands with booms, etc., for a more uncluttered appearance. My only non-positive comment is that I am not a fan of the Starcast mounts as they appear ugly. Surely Tama could find a more attractive way to mount their drums.

Gorgeous set, pro quality all the way around. You have thought things trough and consolidated your stands with booms, etc., for a more uncluttered appearance. My only non-positive comment is that I am not a fan of the Starcast mounts as they appear ugly. Surely Tama could find a more attractive way to mount their drums.

I agree they can be a little ugly :)
However, they do let the toms hang freely and keep them sounding nice and open.

I agree they can be a little ugly :)
However, they do let the toms hang freely and keep them sounding nice and open.

I agree. I only use suspension mounts (never could understand why some people have suspension mounts for their toms, then bolt the toms to the bass drum!). The fewer holes in a drum, the better. The Starcast mounts would look much better if they were chromed, or at least brushed. I can't think of any other hardware that's painted black.

I'm pretty sure the new mounts aren't like that. They are chrome and look pretty nice.

like so...

SC_M.jpg

imo one of the best chinas around. Its a bit sharper than a normal china, and a bit higher pitch, with really fast decay.

thanks for the info! relly liking the Meinl's and the Filter china's are definitley on the list...

UHHHMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm....

How do you play that kit?!?! The space between your snare and toms could fit an 18 wheeler ?!?!?

Back