Tama Superstar in Copper mist metallic : )

metalheadeza666

New set-up pics in post #18 : )

okay ppl, I finally bought one!

You like? or no? Tell me : )

Tama Superstar in Copper mist metallic

12x9 Tom
13x10 Tom
16x16 Tom
2x18 Bass Drum

14x4.5 Mahogany Craviotto Snare

16 ZBT Crash
14 ZHT Fast Crash
20 ZBT Ride
14 ZBT Hi Hats
10 ZXT Flash Splash

All tama 7 series hardware except Pearl snare stand, yamaha boom cymbal stand and Peace boom arm and clamp

Tama HP200 Double pedal
Tama HP200 Hi Hat stand

Vater 7A Manhattan Sticks
Ahead JJ sig sticks (not pictured)
Uni Grip brushes
Hot Rods (Not mine, are my cousins, am borrowing to check em out)

All stock heads but am replacing in the near future...any suggestions while you're at it aswell I mainly play metal and heavy stuff but have a tendancy for jazz and funk?

DSCF3349.jpg

DSCF3350.jpg

DSCF3351.jpg

DSCF3352.jpg

DSCF3353.jpg

Last edited:
That is the best looking new superstar kit I have ever seen! I have not seen a copper colored kit in over 25 years!

Dude I really hate your kit.... Just kidding but wouldn't it be rude if somone said that.
All jokes aside, I really dig the copper finish. I've never seen that before other than on a pearl export exept with silver silver not copper. Anyways, it looks really cool. And I think thats a wrap, correct? Oh, and specs please....

Synthetik said:
That is the best looking new superstar kit I have ever seen! I have not seen a copper colored kit in over 25 years!

Good choice in color....looks great. How are the stock heads treating you??

thanks for all commets guys, yeah i love the copper metallic finish and yes it is a wrap. As i say i'm replacing stock heads soon when i have money again...

any suggestions?

all specs are at bottom of pics for those who missed them, should have put them at the top really..hmm...

metalheadeza666 said:
thanks for all commets guys, yeah i love the copper metallic finish and yes it is a wrap. As i say i'm replacing stock heads soon when i have money again...

any suggestions?

all specs are at bottom of pics for those who missed them, should have put them at the top really..hmm...

REMO has unborn antelope suede heads that would be cool.

AMAZING KIT.... im drooling over it... i have ZXt's and one zbt splash and 2 stagg thingd, its a bit crap...
PICT0060.jpg
where did you get your kit and how much?

Thanks,

Coby

oh and p.s. my kit is wine red

Hey nice kit man
I have my splash in the exact same spot (; Actually I have the same kit only in fusion sizes and the blue wrap.....I wanted to get the copper mist but they didnt have it in the smaller sizes so I went with this one. The copper does indeed look good

AMAZING KIT.... im drooling over it... i have ZXt's and one zbt splash and 2 stagg thingd, its a bit crap...
PICT0060.jpg
where did you get your kit and how much?

Thanks,

Coby

oh and p.s. my kit is wine red

got it from birmingham drum centre for bout £600 just shells cymbal pack was £175

ye, i don't know why zbt's have such bad reputation they are nice, true not something you'd want to invest in long term coz there is much better stuff out there but ye...

thanks for all comments again so far...: )

any suggestions?

just curious... but why the ZBT/ZXT cymbals? whats your interest in them/what do you think of them? and hows that splash?

Matt - i think that is pretty self explanatory, you could either go and buy a 'decent' (which is up to much debate here on DW) set of ZBT's and ZXT's, where you get a large range of sounds and quite a few cymbals... Or spend the same amount and get a pair of hihats from a higher range.

For their price, the ZBT's do the job for the general intermediate drummer.

Matt - i think that is pretty self explanatory, you could either go and buy a 'decent' (which is up to much debate here on DW) set of ZBT's and ZXT's, where you get a large range of sounds and quite a few cymbals... Or spend the same amount and get a pair of hihats from a higher range.

For their price, the ZBT's do the job for the general intermediate drummer.

yeah, i'm starting to mount up some more cash now (the kit out me £600 out of pocket lol) and i'm looking to get some new cymbals and heads. like i've stated, i play metal, 90% of the time. since i started out on an electric, i don't really have a clear idea of what heads/cymbals do what for what genre if you follow.

and also, i've now got the kit in a new set-up, i'll put up some pics soon :)

alrite, here is the new set-up, in the new drum room : )

comments and opinions?

i always liked the feel and ease of playing a traditional four peice set-up, but missed having more toms, so i played around a with various bits of hardware, and used the fact that the tama tom mounts came aprt into two separated mounts..

DSCF3522.jpg

DSCF3519.jpg

DSCF3517.jpg

DSCF3516.jpg

DSCF3515.jpg

DSCF3512.jpg

DSCF3511.jpg

Surprised no one has picked up on it, but that is a BEAUTIFUL looking Craviotto snare! Used to play on a Superstar in my old school and couldn't be topped for the price it was in my opinion.

George.

Back