Hello from British Columbia

Areola

Hello everyone from British Columbia Canada!
I have been lurking on this site for sometime and figured it was time to join! This is an exciting day for me...tonight is my first gig as a drummer!
I have been playing guitar for years...I had a metal band back in high school, then started getting into country and classic rock more and more. A few years ago I just noodled on a drumkit for the first time and that sparked my passion for drums.
About a year ago I found this sad old broken down Star drumkit (a 1968 vintage pre Tama or so I'm told). I couldn't resist it...she obviously needed a new home and some tlc.
I managed to fix it up somewhat (still a work in progress) and added some cymbals (some good some not so good!) but have had tons of fun playing it. And I've been told by a few people that it sounds fantastic.
A few weeks ago I was roped to into bringing them out for a very casual loose jam, and I had tons of fun playing a mixed bag of country and rock stuff. Here we are a few weeks later and a popular local country band has asked me to fill in tonight as their regular drummer is awol. I'm really excited so I thought what a perfect time to come on board and introduce myself. I'm going to try and include 2 pics of my kit as I was setting it up.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend !

Attachments

• DSCN1312.JPG
    DSCN1312.JPG
    298.4 KB · Views: 356
  • DSCN1304.JPG
    DSCN1304.JPG
    313 KB · Views: 350
Welcome! Nice lookin' kit! It reminds me of those old Kent kits from Japan made out of some kind of mystery wood. The one I had actually sounded pretty good, I imagine those should sound great with the amount of TLC you put into them. They look very well taken care of!

We need videos of you playing with the band, though!

Welcome to drumming, and welcome to Drummerworld.

Hello everyone from British Columbia Canada!
I have been lurking on this site for sometime and figured it was time to join! This is an exciting day for me...tonight is my first gig as a drummer!
.... I'm really excited so I thought what a perfect time to come on board and introduce myself. I'm going to try and include 2 pics of my kit as I was setting it up.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend !

Hello new drummer, glad you came on board!

Well...the gig went really well! I can't wait to get out and start playing some more.
I measured the floor tom and it's 16 x 16.
Thanks for your comments!

Yeah, nice story & a really interesting kit! Kudos to you for giving it a loving home, nice job! Hope the gig went well, & you can get some clips up in the future. Welcome to Drummerworld, makes a change from having a set list gaffered to your back huh? LOL.

Back