Flo Mounier

Check out this drummer at cryptopsy.net . its an extremly death metal band whitch i hate but if you listen to the drummer, he can use his feet on the bass faster then me on the snare.. Check him out
Peace
-John

I'm gonna check him out some more. I'm on his site right now and very interested. Thanks for mentioning this guy. It's great to hear about drummers that aren't part of everyday news.

Cheers!

There is allready a couple threads on him allready in DW. just go to search and put in his name.. i acutly posted something exactly to what you said lol.. Great drummers think alike eh?

John

Re: Video of Flo Mounier

Good to hear. I knew learning how to read and code java would come in handy someday.

Who knew it would be to get semi-deep into the VF site to actually download the videos.

medeskisoul said:
Good to hear. I knew learning how to read and code java would come in handy someday.

Who knew it would be to get semi-deep into the VF site to actually download the videos.
:) this has nothing to do with java it's just plain html but anyway it would be a lot easier if VF would just make a button for this.

MECHT4NK said:
:) this has nothing to do with java it's just plain html but anyway it would be a lot easier if VF would just make a button for this.

It is java how they script the video to pop up. Because when I went to DL from the button the "javascrpit;" link popped up.

I had to read their java script to figure where they were pulling it from. I am sure there is an easier way. I probably made it harder than I should have. Sorry, seems to be how I do things. But the end result was worth it.

medeskisoul said:
It is java how they script the video to pop up. Because when I went to DL from the button the "javascrpit;" link popped up.

I had to read their java script to figure where they were pulling it from. I am sure there is an easier way. I probably made it harder than I should have. Sorry, seems to be how I do things. But the end result was worth it.
no you probably were right. once you're on the page you can look for the filename of the movie and that's just somewhere in the html. that's what I did with some of their movies to save 'em.

DogBreath said:
I don't find that solo to be particularly rhythmic or musical, but, well . . . he sure is fast!

Same here. He's fast, I'll give him that. But, he must have one of the worst drum tones I've ever heard. Drums that sound like a steel factory don't appeal to me :)

DogBreath said:
I don't find that solo to be particularly rhythmic or musical, but, well . . . he sure is fast!
I agree, but I knew we had some Flo fans on here so I thought I would post a video for them to enjoy.

Found some Dejohnette and Stanton Moore also. Anyone interested?

fourstringdrums said:
Same here. He's fast, I'll give him that. But, he must have one of the worst drum tones I've ever heard. Drums that sound like a steel factory don't appeal to me :)
that's just exactly the same thing I thought. I still haven't figured out what his bass drum actually sounds like but in my opinion not even close to what it should sound like.

He is an incredibly fast drummer I will say that, but his beats are just too fast to be rhythmic and the drums sound like they r our of tune

Listen to Cryptopsys latest release: "Once Was Not" and I think that it will surprise you how good his coordination and memory is. Flourent has nearly celestial abilities when it comes to do fills.

Back