Worth it?

ahriman22

So I was at Steve's (Music store) the other day and was looking at the acoustic drum sets and I laid my eyes upon a beautiful Tama. It was a Superstar Custom Hyper-Drive and was priced at 1048$ or 108$ a month.

So, is it worth it? Should I jump at the opportunity, or is there no opportunity at all?

Ok. I'd take the kit. They are great kits. However, most people here are going to tell you that you can get a "much better" kit used.

Ok. I'd take the kit. They are great kits. However, most people here are going to tell you that you can get a "much better" kit used.

So you're saying I should just keep searching?

Oh. Doh, got confused.
I think I'll get it, it's really nice looking and love the sound.

Your first post, I thought you meant I shouldn't get it.

I'm looking in to getting one of those as well.
Don't have the money though, yet.

You can get a used pro level kit for about the same price. For instance, I found a brand new (looking) Yamaha oak custom for 1k. It looked suuuuuper sick! There are deals to be had, but if the superstar is what you want, go for it.

I'm looking in to getting one of those as well.
Don't have the money though, yet.

You can get a used pro level kit for about the same price. For instance, I found a brand new (looking) Yamaha oak custom for 1k. It looked suuuuuper sick! There are deals to be had, but if the superstar is what you want, go for it.

First I'm going to get me nice cymbals and a good double bass pedal. THEN I'll go back for that beauty, the fact that it's almost hidden behind a barrage of Sonors is a plus for me, since it's hard to notice.

So I was at Steve's (Music store) the other day and was looking at the acoustic drum sets and I laid my eyes upon a beautiful Tama. It was a Superstar Custom Hyper-Drive and was priced at 1048$ or 108$ a month.

So, is it worth it? Should I jump at the opportunity, or is there no opportunity at all?

That's a nice bang for you buck kit. What RazorX was prophesized about was the suggestion that you can spend $1k and get a "pro" level used. There are pros and cons for sure to each route. Also, your good deal on the Superstar gets diminished if you are paying interest. $108/mo. for 12 months is $1300. That's $250 you can spend on an IC twin pedal.

Make sure that you like the Hyperdrive sound. It's different than more common sets b/c of the tom depths. If you don't like it then it won't be worth it at any cost.

Just things to consider...

That's a nice bang for you buck kit. What RazorX was prophesized about was the suggestion that you can spend $1k and get a "pro" level used. There are pros and cons for sure to each route. Also, your good deal on the Superstar gets diminished if you are paying interest. $108/mo. for 12 months is $1300. That's $250 you can spend on an IC twin pedal.

Make sure that you like the Hyperdrive sound. It's different than more common sets b/c of the tom depths. If you don't like it then it won't be worth it at any cost.

Just things to consider...

First thing that caught my eye where the odd toms. I'm friends with the guys at the store so I tried it and I really like it, probably (Most likely) will buy.

If you like it then, yes. It would certainly be worth it.

Back