My WoodShed Do I look Like Dave Weckl

I can see the weckl resemblance, but you don't have his juicy mullet. Love the paistes, specs on everything?

You look more like Animal. Who is the guy behind you that looks like Weckl? LOL

Great kit too!

LOL on this thread great comments, I luv this site. The kit is a older Rogers kit, I
had to let her go I couldn't stand the maintenance but it played and sounded
great. I upgraded to a Mapex Pro M Series. Its a Bonham type kit I kinda wish
I had it back I miss all the different tones from the drums. To purchase a kit
that size from Tama or Yamaha would cost big bucks. I like my new Mapex
Pro M kit but I'm kinda bored of it. I like Fusion , Jazz type percussion all I
do is study the dynamics , stick control and rudiments and with that big set
I had you could really crank up the tones. Playing in a Storage enviorment requires
alot of maintenance due to humidity, I have no climate control, folks around here
want 450.00 just for a 10x10 storage enviorment, so I suffer it out.
Gosh the specs are 8,10,12,13,14,16,18 on the Toms, Bass consists of 22 and a 21 and I had a Brass 14 dynasonic snare which was so crisp, I really miss that.
I will post some pictures of what I have now, Im looking for that big kit again used anyway. Maybe Weckl will sell me his.

Last edited:
Big Withdrawls, Man what em I to do I want my Big Kit back, who
wants to trade look at my Pro M Mapex Kit, Lets trade and I fund the
difference.

Big Withdrawls, Man what em I to do I want my Big Kit back, who
wants to trade look at my Pro M Mapex Kit, Lets trade and I fund the
difference.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!, I just traded a set and wound up getting it back.......it was quite the foum soap opera for about a week..lol. But it all worked out in the end, got my drums back, am refinishing them and was refunded my shipping.

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41726

I'd trade you my Gretsch cats but My wife bought em for me, so I have them forever. :)

Glad to hear you got the kit back, here is what I would consider, the owner
wont budge. I was playing and practicing 4 hours a day for the last 8 years
trying to be like Weckl and I got drummers back and right now the pain is bad so not sure where I'm going
hek I may lay down my sticks for a while and break out and just use my practice pad.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/msg/845548812.html

Glad to hear you got the kit back, here is what I would consider, the owner
wont budge. I was playing and practicing 4 hours a day for the last 8 years
trying to be like Weckl and I got drummers back and right now the pain is bad so not sure where I'm going
hek I may lay down my sticks for a while and break out and just use my practice pad.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/msg/845548812.html

That sucks, take care of your back.....maybe a few strengthening/stretching excercises. That is a sweet set on Craigslist too, For a lesser price though you should easily find a comparable set if you look around.

My ddrums have been stripped since I've had them back, Hardware is now black and the shells are going to be red oak. Will post pics, is only a 6 piece, you wouldn't want it..lol.

Hey I saw your post, I luv Mercyme, man what a band must be
nice to make it in this buisness and play for such a group. I guess
GOD wants me to work for a living to earn my keep. I keep asking
upstairs to get me a pro job but I never here a answer. Oh well....

Hey I saw your post, I luv Mercyme, man what a band must be
nice to make it in this buisness and play for such a group. I guess
GOD wants me to work for a living to earn my keep. I keep asking
upstairs to get me a pro job but I never here a answer. Oh well....

Yeah, I hear ya. I had the opportunity with the band I played and travelled with through the 90's, we could have easily made a living at it, but none of us really felt the call to be on the road all the time, and we were all in our 30's and 40's with families too so we really just wanted to do it part time, release some c.d's to pay the band expenses which we did and they did. and we all had "Day" jobs. the last few years my bands were fortunate enough to open up for people like "Eli". "Matthew West", "Bethany Dillon" "Paul Coleman", etc.

Click on the "Myspace" link at the bottom of my posts and you can hear some of my music of late.

Back