Things you do that annoy your bandmates

Aydee, I love you, but this is why drummers get a bad name.

To any beginners reading this terrible, hopless thread, do not do this!

Sit back. Offer suggestions. Get involved. But DO NOT prattle away on your kit while people are trying to communicate!

It is the height of bad manners.

I agree, it's very rude. Basic professionalism requires that there be no noodling!

I agree, it's very rude. Basic professionalism requires that there be no noodling!

And no more chit-chat than is needed when there's a hungry drummer that needs feeding! Especially when the conversation drifts from music or is something that could have been worked out beforehand.

Glad my band isn't professional :)

LOL. Well you may have an evil grin, Steve, because that was wicked! What possessed you to be so naughty ... still laughing ... love it :)

Well Polly, the guy is a long time friend and a bit of a practical joker himself...I couldn't resist the catch him out a little. :)

Jeeze guys, what is this, Swiss Finishing School? ( Nothing personal , Bernard... )

Keep yer' bra straps on laddies, its a just an occasional bit o clean teasin'.

See, there's this guy who plays guitar, and he's one of those , well you know..." just follow what I say and you'll go far types". ( Well, he is very good, I'll admit )

He can sight read & write music and naturally gives me an added inferiority complex, and sometimes.. just sometimes there is nothing more satisfying to me than to see the vein in his neck throb with frustration as he restrains himself from blowing his stack.

Actually the fun part is that the softer I play, the madder he gets. He hears everything. Great ear training. So the game is to do a soft buzz roll.. take it way down- like rats pissing on cotton wool, on the edge of the snare, and see if he notices : )... great practice, btw..

I love it! : )

Last edited:
Jeeze guys, what is this, Swiss Finishing School? ( Nothing personal , Bernard... )

See, there's this guy who plays guitar, and he's one of those , well you know..." just follow what I say and you'll go far types".

He can sight read & write music and naturally gives me an added inferiority complex, and sometimes.. just sometimes there is nothing more satisfying to me than to see the vein in his neck throb with frustration as he restrains himself from blowing his stack.

Actually the fun part is that the softer I play, the madder he gets. He hears everything. Great ear training. So the game is to do a soft buzz roll.. take it way down- like rats pissing on cotton wool, on the edge of the snare, and see if he notices : )... great practice, btw..

I love it! : )
haha im going to play this game when my guitarist is tuning.
it takes him like 10 min to "tune" too.

Sorry Gents for the language.

As Mr E Presley once said " he gonna be an angry young man some day"

Just Venting alittle.

Still think he is a Pr@*K thou.

I'm in a punk band and I constantly play jazz inbetween songs at rehearsals!!!

Love it :)]

I do this all the time XD

It's a nice way to relax, actually.

Another fun little thing I do, is plugging my iPod into our guitarist's iPod dock when nobody's looking, turning the volume up to maximum, and pumping some Miles Davis =D

I do nothing that annoys my bandmates. I'm perfect...............and that annoys them.

Me and one of my guitarists play YYZ by Rush or some other song our other guitarist doesnt know. Every single time he hears that intro on the ride, he starts shouting "NOOO!!!"

They also expect me to leave my drumset at their house so we don't have to set it up every time. What do I practice on? Oh yes thats right, my Starcaster snare, crash, and floor tom on its side as a bass drum.

When I start playing a song that is meant to be in 4/4 but I play in 3/4 and it takes me most of the song to remember what the hell I should be doing. I got some seriously nasty looks!

In my defense, we had only rehearsed it once.

I get to our rehearsal an 1hr 30 before the rest of the guys so I get to warm up before hand then quitely sit and watch them setup. We seem to all realise that it's very impolite to play when we haven't all got our plugs in or are trying to talk to each other.

i think i piss off our new lead guitarist by insisting that we actually know the songs we play. he's always saying stuff like "who cares if we don't nail every song as long as people are dancing and having a good time". i say that i don't like being embarrassed by missing transitions, playing through stops, and stumbling our way through endings because no one really knows the song. i always want to work out a specific arrangement for each song, and practice that arrangement until we nail it. he wants to play whatever he feels at the moment and trust our instincts to get through the songs. that'd be fine if we were a jam band, but we're not. we play cover songs and originals. i think i'm getting on his nerves by being so fussy, but i'm sticking to my guns because i believe that good bands know their songs.

Your guitar player needs a serious reality check. If not, he needs a good firing from the band.

... to help our more errant members with drummer etiquette :)

yarts_goodwifesguide.jpg

I do nothing that annoys my bandmates. I'm perfect...............and that annoys them.

Nice lol... sounds like you have a case of LSD- "lead singers disease." Oh how perfectly perfect they are.

I m known as Presto Change-o because I happen to like the feel of my own double pedal, snare and ride. Our guitarist has a cheap set at his house for practice, including cheap crappy hardware and shot out heads.So I switch em out for my own gear. Its a matter of feeling comfortable and he just gets so damn annoyed when I do it. LOL... It only takes about 5 minutes I just make him deal with it. I asked him if he would use my beat ass old guitar to practice on while at my house....He declined of course.

Back