My Mapex Mars Transparent Walnut

Mapexy

Hi guys just picked her up a couple of days ago, i was on a drum hiatus for a while and decided to start playing again recently and sold my first and only kit, which i pretty much learned everything on, it was a pulse pro from musiciansfriend. was a good beginner kit but i needed something better.lol Don't have cymbals yet cause i'm undecided between Meinl or Paiste....but going to pick some up pretty soon. She has Evans G1s on the toms and a Remo Coated ambassader head on the snare, with mapex stock heads as resonators. And I LOVE how they sound!

Well here she is:

100_2682.jpg

100_2683.jpg

I will. Welcome to our crazy wacky wonderful world. I like the look of the drums but can't find any info on them. Are they used??

Welcome to Drummerworld!!

Nice looking kit, let me take a guess..

22,12,13,16 and 14" snare?

I like the wood hoops on the bass drum, that kit would look killer with wood hoops all around..not saying it doesnt look great now :p

I will. Welcome to our crazy wacky wonderful world. I like the look of the drums but can't find any info on them. Are they used??

yes they are used.lol i got ripped off but oh well i still love the drums! here's some info http://www.centerstagem.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1269

Welcome to Drummerworld!!

Nice looking kit, let me take a guess..

22,12,13,16 and 14" snare?

I like the wood hoops on the bass drum, that kit would look killer with wood hoops all around..not saying it doesnt look great now :p

yes sir!! yeah i would look pretty sweet with hoops all around.lol

Hey thanks a beautiful kit, be sure to update us with pictures of the cymbals. Thanks for sharing, and welcome.

Thanks guys yeah i for sure will post some pics up when i get my cymbals.. i think i might go with meinl.

NIce finish. Not a fan of wood hoops but they add a nice touch to your kit.

welcome to the forum! and what a great looking kit to get started playing again, enjoy the great new drums!

I love wood finishes and this one is really nice. A warm root beer tone, and I like the offset wood hoops. A blonde snare would fit in really well.

That's gorgeous! Any chance of you making a mp3 of how the kit sounds? Mapex rules!

Nice kit bro, I use a Mapex mars kit also but my hardware is different. got my kit just as the pro M came out to replace the mars pro. How old is your kit ?

I got one of the older Venus series kits, im guessing they were replaced by the VX around the same time as the Mars by the pro m or m birch (depending what wood it is?¿?), nice kits but i now find the toms are devilishly deep when positioning.
How does it sound dude, do you find the toms are bit too deep when positioning?
All the best

I got one of the older Venus series kits, im guessing they were replaced by the VX around the same time as the Mars by the pro m or m birch (depending what wood it is?¿?), nice kits but i now find the toms are devilishly deep when positioning.
How does it sound dude, do you find the toms are bit too deep when positioning?
All the best

yeah mine are Maple with a mahogany core.

The kit sounds great! i love it

not really i found how to position them it took me a
while to get it to a comfortable position, (as you can
see in the pics). but since those pics i have fixed the
positioning and they don't have the ugly slant to them
anymore and i finally got it looking nice and not touching
the bass either.

Back