Tom angles!!!!

Re: tom angles!!!!

Oh my! I just HAD to share this one with all my brothers and sisters on DW!
Aside from the tom angles, check out the upside down snare, hat placement, and apparently, this cat SITS IN FRONT of his kit, judging by where the throne is placed!!! Yep, it's a craigslist post.
Enjoy!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 988
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 999
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 997
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 998

Aside from tom angles and terrible set ups I have noticed having a reso head on your bass drum is a big no no for craigslist and having a giant pillow stuck in your bass drum that doesn't have a reso is how all the pro's do it.

Check it: NOW WITH MEGA LASERS!

http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/msg/1195664435.html

this really doesn't fit the category of crazy tom angles, just the "how the hell did he get this set up and then decide to sell it?!?!?!"

enjoy

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/msg/1203991670.html

At first i thought $1600! Then i realise i'd misread. I dunno, it looks okay but i wouldn't pay the bloke 16grand for it, maybe 9 or 10. Really this "i won't break it down" comment is just stubborn and i reckon he'd be lucky if he ever does sell it as a whole kit. Maybe he'll come to his senses a couple of months down the line!

virgildonatiport.jpg

This is heresy!!

No, just kidding. Those angles are kind of extreme... but at least this looks semi-professional. And it looks as if he should be hitting them correctly from where he sits and how he holds his arm. But if you ask me it's sort of gimmicky.

aren't those gong drums? if they are then they don't count. it's pretty typical to set those up like that.

"I am not hurting for money, just need a break from drums for a while"?

Why on earth would you want to sell them!

aren't those gong drums? if they are then they don't count. it's pretty typical to set those up like that.

Naaaah, they have reso heads. But if it works for NZ's answer to Thomas Lang, I don't think I can complain. :)

This is heresy!!

No, just kidding. Those angles are kind of extreme... but at least this looks semi-professional. And it looks as if he should be hitting them correctly from where he sits and how he holds his arm. But if you ask me it's sort of gimmicky.

Safe to say Virgil Donati has a clue about why someone might want to set a drum at a steep angle. Maybe even a little more clue than Tom Steeply trying to sell his Craigslist vintige set with Zilojian simbols and and duct tape wrap.

This is heresy!!

It looks quite comfortable indeed. I would tend to want to put cymbals where they sit, but it seems to work just as well! Actually, it would quite interesting to see a kit with all the cymbals where the toms would usually be and all of the toms floating like on Virgil's kit.

Safe to say Virgil Donati has a clue about why someone might want to set a drum at a steep angle. Maybe even a little more clue than Tom Steeply trying to sell his Craigslist vintige set with Zilojian simbols and and duct tape wrap.

Hahaha or Sibian symbols and a base drum peddle! *snick*

Hahaha or Sibian symbols and a base drum peddle! *snick*

...and of course it would be a 14pc. kit: base, snare, two toms, floor tom, two crash symbols, a ride cimble, 2 hi-hat symbols, a stool and three cmybol stands. And the description of the condition this kit is in would be something like "still works like a charm".
Seriously, I have come across a description like that: "the kit is still working just fine"

And yeah, Virgil Donati definitely sounds like he knows what he's doing.

Had to add these to the mix!

Last edited:

Another one! wow...lots of these on ebay lol

!BTl8Q4wBWk~$(KGrHgoOKioEjlLme88sBKJTptL70g

Last edited:
Back