This forum is rampant with heroes

I think Aydee should be in the list too, just because he has the most awsome finish on his Yammies there is :p, and Drumsword for buying enough to keep everybody happy. And his wife should be mentioned aswell, for making this all possible.

and in all seriousness, I think Bernhard, Jason and DB are the greatest heroes of all.

Now I am going to cry.

Another reason I love DW forum is that in a span of less than 5 minutes, the words "demagoguery" and "doofusses" can be put into type.....this place rocks!!!!

Not to start a war between forums or anything, but I found this from the Pearl Forum from one of the mods and found it interesting.

I have talked to DOZENS of artists about coming on the forum and virtually all of them said (in one form or another) they had been on here looking and saw how immature and ignorant some of the people were towards artists that they felt uncomfortable. This has to change. If you want this forum to have more artists come on board and talk, many of you need to grow up and act like adults.

http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/showthread.php?t=3

Seeing as how many pros are on here giving advice and input that has to say something about how cool DW is.

People are smidge (SMIDGE) uptight about these diosdude threads...

Let's all judge each other - Judge, jury and execution - Last one standing wins! A mix of paradiddles and Highlander; whattayasay?

I think I might just build an evil lair (new thread) and take over the world (board)! Of course, the heroes will always take me down before I succeed, but not before a few "To be continued" climaxes! Evil-henchmen recruiting begins at midnight (most evil time possible). There will be coffee and donuts for the early arrivals.

Maybe the punks and heroes can form a drum circle out in the woods and come together in the grand ol' art of awkward nude male bonding. Ladies, run away as fast as you can! The bongos are coming out! Their socks are coming off! GET OUT OF HERE!!!

Maybe instead of beheading everyone [and stealing away their powers] we should just settle this with arm wrestling or Feats of Strength. Drummerworld's seedy underground society of fight clubs: "Good posts everyone - see you down in the basement!" I want to fight Aydee first: "I wanted to destroy something beautiful"

We could make T-shirts, a toyline, Saturday morning cartoon, video games: "DrummerKarl & The Masters of the Drummerworld" - Good guys' meet in a palacial practice space - the bad guys meet @ The Whisky Go-Go (with a dragon behind the bar, of course - and molten lava!) DrummerKarl's catch phrase: "I have the power!" (it worked for He-Man. Stick with it)

You guys are *adorable*.

Let's all judge each other - Judge, jury and execution - Last one standing wins! A mix of paradiddles and Highlander; whattayasay?

I think I might just build an evil lair (new thread) and take over the world (board)! Of course, the heroes will always take me down before I succeed, but not before a few "To be continued" climaxes! Evil-henchmen recruiting begins at midnight (most evil time possible). There will be coffee and donuts for the early arrivals.

Maybe the punks and heroes can form a drum circle out in the woods and come together in the grand ol' art of awkward nude male bonding. Ladies, run away as fast as you can! The bongos are coming out! Their socks are coming off! GET OUT OF HERE!!!

Maybe instead of beheading everyone [and stealing away their powers] we should just settle this with arm wrestling or Feats of Strength. Drummerworld's seedy underground society of fight clubs: "Good posts everyone - see you down in the basement!" I want to fight Aydee first: "I wanted to destroy something beautiful"

We could make T-shirts, a toyline, Saturday morning cartoon, video games: "DrummerKarl & The Masters of the Drummerworld" - Good guys' meet in a palacial practice space - the bad guys meet @ The Whisky Go-Go (with a dragon behind the bar, of course - and molten lava!) DrummerKarl's catch phrase: "I have the power!" (it worked for He-Man. Stick with it)

You guys are *adorable*.

..................................well, alright then...

I think that everyone on this forum has their moments where they shine to other members that they have reached out to.
I Like It Here!

my original hero of course has to be.... Jay Norem!
his posts were always so helpful
they were always morally uplifting, funny, and taught me a great deal about music.
and of course I take quite a lot of advice from bobdadruma, aydee, zambizzi, wolfmoon, bernhard, and the list goes on and on (those were just the ones off the top of my head)
seriously guys, this forum can make me feel better about a lot of things and can really help me through a lot
all of you are awesome and thank you for everything!!

-Erik

my heroes would be the guys that no matter what my views on a post is or how long the posts are, i will read what they say in it's entirety.

caddywampus, aydee, gruntersdad, MFB, um... wow there are actually a lot more than this but my mind is blank and i'm sick of tying already.

i'm down with the fight club thing, that sounds killer. err... *adorable* ....

i gotta put in a word for GRUNTERSDAD, the man's technical knowledge of the drum kit is second to none and he's always happy to share it...

Deltadrummer and mrchattr havnt been mentioned :p. Their knowledge of just everything music related seriously boggles my mind. Hats off to them...Certainly very deserving of heroism

There are so many people I like here....
Caddy
Wave
Steamer
Aydee
Zambizzi
DMC
Harry Conway
Alex Luce
HeadRush
The Colonel
Sgt. Drummer
Matt Smith
MrChattr
All the Karls
Big Philly
Wolfmoon
TheArchitect
Gruntersdad
RL Mandelbaum
Sgt Drummer
Pavlos
Minddrummer
Jeff Almeyda
Jeffwj
2BSticks
805 Drummer
JoshisAces
Ken Marino
Matt949
Diosdude
jazzin
Chris Oyens
Wy yung
Groceryman
Ainulindale
Diosdude
Average
Bobdadruma
Bermuda
Vipercussionist
Bojangleman

That's just a short list from the top of my head...
We have a real brother and sisterhood goin on here, let's keep it the best forum on the net and show em all how it's done.

Bernhard, Dog and Nutha...thank you all from the botom of my heart.
This forum enriches my life, in a major way
Group hug!

I certainly consider myself 'one of the guys' among my forum companions, despite having a high-profile gig. There are people here who play more than I do, and who are discovering music and drummers that I just don't have time to explore on my own. So I keep my ears - and mind - open, and never forget that there's a lot of great give-and-take here.

Bermuda

Wisely said. I really appreciate and enjoy reading your contribution, experience, knowledge sharing to this brother-sisterhood. I am learning from you and others!

Thanks,

Ian

Some very kind comments have come my way and I appreciate it. I have always felt that if one has knowledge being sought after, it should be shared. A lot of what is posted on this site of course is opinion based on one's experiences with products, etc. I have had my moments like others but tried to help when I could. When you have been around a while you tend to see a lot. I have a bit of a wit and edge about me, but have never purposely tried to berate or belittle anyone and feel that's the way it should be in a forum of this type. We are all in the same boat and it helps to try and row in unison. After all we are all drummers.

You guys are *adorable*.

E, whats going on here? I love this man. Why I have no idea, and I shouldn't if I had any sense, but I do.

I don't know if i can agree with this entirely, to the point of saying that even the people who have just put "MOTOROLA H1N1 ONLY $30000!!!!!!" or something to that effect but i do know what you're trying to say. Diosdude don't you think that it is slightly contradictory to have such a thread like this with regards to some of the things you said in the 'punks thread?

My point is that All Members are important: Junior, Member, Senior, Silver, Gold...and so on. Their comments, questions, any kind of input, should be taking in consideration. We learn and teach from each other, it's an influence circle.

All Members = All Heroes = All Drummers.

Thanks,

Ian

Last edited:
My point is that All Members are important: Junior, Member, Senior, Silver, Gold...and so on. Their comments, questions, any kind of input, should be taking in consideration. We learn and teach from each other, it's an influence circle.

All Members = All Heroes = All Drummers.

Thanks,

Ian

Agreed Ian. I strongly dislike any form of hiearchy/competition especially when it comes to a musical based type bottom line. Real music and drumming is NOT a competition sport.

This is THE best drum forum on the net PERIOD in my view with an interesting mix of individuals coming from very different backgrounds but sharing a common interest in all things drums, drumming and the whole wide world of what makes up music.

We may not always share or agree on the exact same point of view at times on any given subject but we all learn the important element of TOLERANCE by experiencing a wide range of points of view coming from a wide range of quite different individuals that make up the DW forum.

We are always ALL learning no matter what point we are in the game or our gained experience level.....

Back