Pollyana

Oh gawd, not this again lol. Ok, just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons here's a "oncer" - just respect me in the morning, ok?

At the time Anon La Ply seemed better than Anal Pylon and Annoy Pall. A Nylon Lap doesn't suit a jeans n' t-shirt girl.

Anal Ply - No! expresses a sensible enough sentiment but can be taken as a given and therefore redundant.

To those who have missed me, you need to improve your aim. Maybe try a bigger rock?

Must away, the RSI is nasty. I only went on the PC today because it's been pouring with rain for the last 3 hours and the TV satellite went bung.

Until next time ....

I have a question,
What does the cockroach that is in your lap have to say about all of this?
:):):)

Oh gawd, not this again lol. Ok, just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons here's a "oncer" - just respect me in the morning, ok?

At the time Anon La Ply seemed better than Anal Pylon and Annoy Pall. A Nylon Lap doesn't suit a jeans n' t-shirt girl.

Anal Ply - No! expresses a sensible enough sentiment but can be taken as a given and therefore redundant.

To those who have missed me, you need to improve your aim. Maybe try a bigger rock?

Must away, the RSI is nasty. I only went on the PC today because it's been pouring with rain for the last 3 hours and the TV satellite went bung.

Until next time ....

Wel, well, well... look who's talking again...

I've never thought I'd read that symbolic post Polly... everything happen to those who wait it seems :)

We've finally heard the end of the song...

... and there's nothing wrong with my aim, but there's no rock big enough to hide your persona Aussie girl.

Also, there's was no need for an ana...

... gram, with all due respect, tomorrow morning or the forthcoming days.

Welcome back Pollyanna :)

Maybe we can trick her into writing another 9 posts. But don't let on.

Just so the OP is aware- mediocrefunkybeat has also "morphed".
Out of curiousity- has anyone else done a "Pollyanna" on this forum?

Still pouring outside. I think I saw Noah outside getting ready for another trip. He was trying to take the dog but I said she was desexed and he just ran off shouting "Man, I can never find a bitch when I need one!"

Well, well, well... look who's talking again...

haha busted :)

Maybe we can trick her into writing another 9 posts. But don't let on.

Good plan, Lar. Can't see her picking up on it.

Just so the OP is aware- mediocrefunkybeat has also "morphed".
Out of curiousity- has anyone else done a "Pollyanna" on this forum?

Drummerworld Lexicon:

"To do a Pollyanna" : when a simple drummer is entertaining enough in writing for people to notice when they change their forum moniker.

Sticks comes to mind ...

Mary, sorry about the avatar. I'll see what I can do when my hands are better

What's this now, Polly thread number six....or seven? I can't keep track any more.

Grea, you are a marketing guru's wet dream. I'm surprised Max Markson hasn't been in touch long before now.

Grea, I think the Renegade side of you is cool too. But, anyway...funny thread...

I think Arky nailed it with "Pollyan(n)agram. Sticks wasn't clever enough to do an anagram. I'm really hip to Hyper Denim Zit. That was good.

My first impression of Anon La Ply was, "what? Is this person from Transylvania"? Because it sounds like a vampire's name, but a cockroach is close enough. They like the dark too.

Speaking of cockroaches (not trying to derail the thread). I've seen albino cockroaches recently. At work, we have to pull manhole lids in the street to get an invert elevation in storm drains and sewer holes. Sometimes there's hundred of cockroaches in those holes. These are really old streets of L.A. So when you crack the lid open, the cockroaches scatter. But we've seen a few albinos. I have pictures.

WB Sopranos. Can't believe you remembered me :)

You have rain????..............

Yup - see attached back yard "swimming pool"

Grea, you are a marketing guru's wet dream. I'm surprised Max Markson hasn't been in touch long before now.

I'm glad I'm at least someone's wet dream! I thought those days were over.

I make it thread number 5 solely dedicated to a forum member, probably a worthy entry in the Guinness book of records.

Ah yes, my hope to fly under the radar and preserve anonymity somehow didn't quite work out. One must accept failure with equanimity, I guess.

I'm really hip to Hyper Denim Zit. That was good.

My first impression of Anon La Ply was, "what? Is this person from Transylvania"? Because it sounds like a vampire's name, but a cockroach is close enough. They like the dark too.

Speaking of cockroaches (not trying to derail the thread). I've seen albino cockroaches recently. At work, we have to pull manhole lids in the street to get an invert elevation in storm drains and sewer holes. Sometimes there's hundred of cockroaches in those holes. These are really old streets of L.A. So when you crack the lid open, the cockroaches scatter. But we've seen a few albinos. I have pictures.

Hyper Denim Zit is good! Henri's username is the best ... millions of possibilities like Mud Smut Aboard and Dour Mamba Stud. Larryace could be Clear Ray, which is a helluva blues name. Andy probably wouldn't want "Eek! Pimpliest!" ... As for Jules, I can see him settling for Potful Ogled Flock. Bob has edgy acronyms - A Dumb Broad, Bad Mud Boar ...

Andy, digging the Guru. Tuning isn't quite there yet (not being my forte) but it's still sounding great. Brought it to practice and the guys loved it. I won't bring it every week because the RT is unbeatable for easy lugging. The guitarist looked sad when I said that :)

Everyone who visits marvels at the drums in the lounge room. I could quit drums tomorrow and I'd keep it as a sculpted work of art.

Attachments

• backyard-flood-20apr13.jpg
    backyard-flood-20apr13.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
Hyper Denim Zit is good! Henri's username is the best ... millions of possibilities like Mud Smut Aboard and Dour Mamba Stud. Larryace could be Clear Ray, which is a helluva blues name. Andy probably wouldn't want "Eek! Pimpliest!" ... As for Jules, I can see him settling for Potful Ogled Flock. Bob has edgy acronyms - A Dumb Broad, Bad Mud Boar ...

I tried it once and suddenly became the Mayor for a day. Couldn't handle the pressure so back to MaryO I went.

Andy, digging the Guru. Tuning isn't quite there yet (not being my forte) but it's still sounding great. Brought it to practice and the guys loved it. I won't bring it every week because the RT is unbeatable for easy lugging. The guitarist looked sad when I said that :)

Everyone who visits marvels at the drums in the lounge room. I could quit drums tomorrow and I'd keep it as a sculpted work of art.
Great to hear Grea, despite your back yard "puddle" challenge. Tuning will come. If you need suggestions, I'm here.

You have a guitarist who notices drums? Yea God - melt him down & sell his juices for the good of our community :)

I think Polly did a Sticks, not the other way around no? He has to have the record for most usernames?

Anal pylon would be a great user name for anyone BTW haha.

WB Sopranos. Can't believe you remembered me :)

Yup - see attached back yard "swimming pool"

I'm glad I'm at least someone's wet dream! I thought those days were over.

Ah yes, my hope to fly under the radar and preserve anonymity somehow didn't quite work out. One must accept failure with equanimity, I guess.

Thanks - and good to see ya!

I have been back posting for a week or two and hadn't seen your name. As I remembered, you were an active forum member and I started to wonder.... Didn't know if you had gone out on tour :D

@ Mary - yes, you need more letters. I guess you could be Om Ray with an avatar like this

Om-image.jpg

@ Andy - in hindsight I was a bit ambitious and should have gotten some thicker Evans heads to make things easier for myself, given that tuning has always done my head in. I can tune guitars better than I can tune drums. At least when you change the tuning of one string it doesn't change the pitch of the others, unlike each tuning key on a drum.

@ Toolate - good point. Sticks was the champ. Some banned members will make a comeback under another name but Sticks 1) had the most persistence and 2) was the most transparent.

There was another - Tommycanuhearme was one of his names - who was deeply into the civil rights issues around evil things the govt put in milk and the right to hurtle through your windscreen without a seat belt if you so choose.

The music scene without eccentrics would be like a beach without waves.

@ Sopranos - the only tours I go on are local bushwalks. Have you been on tour or just getting a life generally?

@ Andy - in hindsight I was a bit ambitious and should have gotten some thicker Evans heads to make things easier for myself, given that tuning has always done my head in. I can tune guitars better than I can tune drums. At least when you change the tuning of one string it doesn't change the pitch of the others, unlike each tuning key on a drum.
Yes, the modern vintage heads are a more sweet spot orientated deal. They bring their own vibe to the party, & that needs to align to the drum's "happy space". G2 over G1 coated is a combination that's great for cutting your tuning teeth. A bit under dynamic as a generic combination (typical recording setup), & with a low - medium tuning focus, but the drums themselves can more than make up for that in higher tunings. Just a thought :)

I never really looked that closely, but always assumed that was a cymbal laying on her lap. I need new glasses.

I never really looked that closely, but always assumed that was a cymbal laying on her lap. I need new glasses.

lol - never thought of that but if you squint, it definitely does. Yep, you're due for new specs :)

@ Andy - sorry, missed that. The Vintage heads are settling somewhat and the drums are generally sounding gorgeous.

Honestly, anyone who gets to a drum show where Gurus are displayed should play them. They have a unique feel and sound that is very pleasing.

Anon LaPly...how we love ya! But I have to say I miss the old avatar. Even after all this time the new one still kinda gives me the "willies" every time I see it!

you and me both.

it kind of eased the .....um discomfort once it came to me that it was a play on the Katy Lied album cover...i guess that's what it is....i don't want to know, really....

Back