What would be your drummer nickname?

Lucky Sumbitch, cause Im in two heavily working bands due to being in the right place at the right time...

F

Satan.

Back in like 98 or 99, there was a review of my then band in a local music paper, and the writer said the drummer (me) looked like Satan.

I think it was meant to be a compliment.

I wish I knew. I've never been good at naming stuff.

In the band I'm in I am 'Silverback' and it's now a name that has stuck such that people on the circuit and people who follow us call me Silverback.

I quite like it.

I'm a large feller with grey hair.

Guantanamo Ray. Because I violate all the things. ;)
Good luck with your global tour using that name!

My actual nickname is Bing. With a surname like Crosby, pretty much a foregone conclusion really. Most local players on the muso circuit use it.

If I was to make up my own ego stroking (& untrue) nickname, it would be something cool like slam-dunk funk :)

In the band I'm in I am 'Silverback' and it's now a name that has stuck such that people on the circuit and people who follow us call me Silverback.

I quite like it.

I'm a large feller with grey hair.

That is SO cool. Just so long as nobody gets it mixed up with Stickleback :D

If I was to make up my own ego stroking (& untrue) nickname, it would be something cool like slam-dunk funk :)

That's so sweet.

I don't do nicknames, but I do like aliases. I'm trying (and failing) to put together an outfit called Buddy Waters and his Ripplin' Blues Band, in which I would be Indigo "Duchess" LaBelle, and if I get the gig with the jazz/swing band I think I shall become Violet Hayes.

I'd quite like to be Animal cos I'm often called a muppet. I'm orange too.

:)

"Who". Because after gigs, people always seem to wonder "Who's that sweaty guy trying to look cool by hanging with that band that just played?"

The joys of sitting in the dark at the back of the stage.

Last edited:
Mr.Noodles is what my band calls me, which is a joke on me being half chinese. The other drummer before me was called "Big Red" because he's a massive scottish guy with firey red hair hahaha.

The guys in the band I'm in now call me Rock because they say I'm the most solid drummer they've ever played with. Less is more, more or less...

My drummer stage name is "King Louie". Louie is an English version of my first name and I figured it sounded like the nickname for an old Big Band drummer that would wear fancy suits to all his gigs.

I actually got it tattooed on my arm at one gig, game out terrible and I had to pay a friend to fix it for me at his shop. Looks good now.

A true nickname comes from somebody else.

No nicks in the current band, but in one band I was "Truck" because one of the guitarist's little boy couldn't say "Chuck".

Back