Finally, Some Cymbals Worth Keeping

Wopsey

Alright, well I have a little bit of OCD when it comes to Drum Stuff. I just need everything to match, can't stand having something AAX and A Custom, or something along those lines.

Anyway, for the past few months I've been trolling kijiji/craigslist (not having the budget to buy new) for Cymbals. It all started a little while ago when I came across a Zildjian K Custom Ride. This wasn't just any K Custom, this was the K Custom, this cymbal is apparently the first of its kind back when the K Line was first introduced, they were only making these cymbals (have been trying to find more information on this but all I've been able to find is a vague thread on here with someone owning a similar cymbal). As such, you'll see only 'Custom' on the Cymbal. You'll also notice that the Logo and the Writing face opposite directions (I've never come across a cymbal like this to be completely honest). Sounds amazing, with the Bell being both large in size but perfect for cutting through any style of music.

A few weeks later, keen on having all my cymbals match, I was lucky to come across someone selling 14 1/4" K Custom Hybrid Hi Hats. I had seen these a while ago and enjoyed the sound so I had to contact him. After a few e-mails he drove them out to me, and after playing them for only 2 minutes I fell in love. These Hi Hats are unreal, nothing like I've ever heard before. I was always jealous of my friends AAX Studio Hats, but these things blow them out of the water, he's even jealous now.

My most recent addition, completing a minor set in which I can proudly play and show off, is a 16" K Custom Dark Crash. I used to own one of these and loved the sound, really regretted getting rid of it. I still need to pick up a few more Crashes, a China and a few Splashes, but I have a feeling those won't be coming for quite some time (seeing how rare K Cymbals are on Kijiji/Craigslist).

Overall I am in love, and plan to keep these cymbals for years to come (can't think of many upgrades to be completely honest).

I apologize for the low quality pics (taken with my Blackberry Curve) but I felt the need to show off my cymbals, as I've never owned ones worth showing people.

Attachments

• RideFront.jpg
    RideFront.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 13,175
  • RideSide.jpg
    RideSide.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 1,569
  • HatsFront.jpg
    HatsFront.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 344
  • HatTop.jpg
    HatTop.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 341
  • HatBot.jpg
    HatBot.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 344
  • CrashFront.jpg
    CrashFront.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 345
  • CrashSide.jpg
    CrashSide.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 334
  • CraRiHat.jpg
    CraRiHat.jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 336
Nice cymbals, and btw if you are looking for a splash I would highly Reccomend the zildjian 11" and 9" k hybrid splash.

I got one when best buy had their half of floor sale for $70 and it's great.

Nice cymbals! I too love K's and K Customs. They all blend so well together!

Pictures of beautiful rare bronze are...

Such. A. Tease.

There should be a penalty if you post pics with no sound files!

Back