What was the first concert you went to????

matt spaun

My first real concert was Eric Clapton in 1991 at wembley stadium when i was 17. It really opened my eyes to live music and the atmosphere of a massive crowd all enjoying the same thing... awesome!
The last was the Kings Of Leon at the milton keynes bowl in 2014, i was 39 and took my kids who are 13 and 15 and they had the time of their lives as they are massive KOL fans. I think everyone should experience a "full" concert at least once a year... Many more to come hopefully :)

My first arena concert was Rush, way back during the Permanent Waves tour. Prior to that I had see numerous acts at the state fair, including Chic and Wild Cherry.

The very first musical event I remember was seeing the Banana Splits as a kid. I believe they were at a shopping center, lol.

http://youtu.be/juJpyUkHPCA

This is something i heard on the radio today and it was really interesting so i thought i would just put it out there...

I saw Abraham Lincoln and the Rail Splitters 3 months before he died.

Maynard Ferguson at North Texas State University in Denton, Texas. Peter Erskine was on drums.

Maynard Ferguson at North Texas State University in Denton, Texas. Peter Erskine was on drums.

Cool! I remember seeing Maynard Ferguson at a high school in the 80's. His drummer had an Italian name, IIRC, but I didn't know who it was. He was the first person I saw play open-handed, or as I thought of it then, he was playing left-handed on a right handed kit!

Candlebox.. Seaweed and Sponge opened along with a crappy band no one heard of at the time; Limp Bizkit, they sucked.

It is too long ago to remember, but it was in the late 60s and it was either "Tommy James and the Shondells" or "The Bob Seger System". I'm pretty sure they were not called concerts back then though. ;-) I know I'm old.

Well, it was supposed to be Ozzy in 1982 but they cancelled due to Rhoads' plane crash.

Original line up was Ozzy, Foreigner and UFO.
Pat Travers band stepped in for Ozzy. I really enjoyed UFO.

Jefferson Starship Freedom at Point Zero tour, circa 1979/1980. The legendary Aynsley Dunbar on the kit. They were terrific but the opening act, Twisted Sister (a club act at the time) stunk.

The Blue Oyster Cult at the Long Beach Arena, 1974.​

Led Zeppelin 1977 - Pontiac Silverdome, Ann Arbor, Michigan

...what a great start to the concert world.

not that i remember much of it, i think i might have been 5 or 6 at the time but my older brother and sister took me to ozzy ozbourne with a yet unknown metallica opening for them in '82 or so. i remember some of ozzy cuz i loved randy rhodes at the time and i remember metallica sucking except the little blonde guitarist dave mustaine....

Kiss. Unmasked Tour. Waverley Park. Melbourne, Australia. November 1980.

Hey, I was 8 and Kiss would still be huge in Oz for another few months........until they kicked the cat, released The Elder and effectively ensured their next 25 odd years would be spent in relative oblivion.

As nerdy as it sounds now, I was the envy of all my friends at the time.......who clearly knew no better than I did. I remember loving it and it definitely set the tone on my thirst for live music for the next 35 years and counting.

Back