Need help deciding how to spend money...

drumrhythm2

Hi,

I've been playing drums for about 10 years. I'm a metal player so lots of fast pedal-work is a must. I have a few questions... Direct drive or chain drive... I currently own a set of Iron Cobras... after playing on a buddies DW 5000 im a little disappointed with my IC's. So I'm trying to decide to either go with the DW 9000, Demon Drives, or an Axis setup... I know they are all great pedals but I like to be very articulate with my playing. ie: lots of quick triplets, and mainly my feet following the picking hand of the guitarist... could someone pleeease help me with this one.

The simple answer is, noone else can answer this except you, it also depends if you want chain or direct drive, but ultimately go with what you feel happiest playing on :] Go try them out.

I have both the Iron Cobras and the Demon Drives and like both. They feel different from each other and take some time to dial in. I've never played the DW 9000 but want to. If I had to guess the DW will feel more like the Iron Cobra. Give the Demon Drives a demo. I'd say they are more like an Axis or Trick, but I've never played either of those. I don't know if this helps but maybe others can offer their opinions on this comparison.

ive just got the 9000s amazing pedals certainly an improvement over the ICs which my m8 has and have played his kit many times even using his pedals on a gig even he says that the 9000s are superior. i havent tried the axis or tricks or demon drivs of this world but i should soon my drum teacdher is getting some DDs so ill be able to give a better opion once hes let me have a go. (hes also got ICs and is more than a little jealous)

This is just my perception of these pedals.

The DW 9000 is basically an overpriced version of the 5000. The Axis pedals are probly your best bet but I think they are a little flimsy for a pedal that cost $200 - $600(Dependening on whether your buying a double pedal or single). Finally, The Demon Drive, which is actually the only pedal here that I've tried, are really overpriced but if you could find one used I'd probly pick that one.

Again this is mainly just my opinon of these pedals and like Fish said before you should try to try them out.

ive just got the 9000s amazing pedals certainly an improvement over the ICs which my m8 has and have played his kit many times even using his pedals on a gig even he says that the 9000s are superior. i havent tried the axis or tricks or demon drivs of this world but i should soon my drum teacdher is getting some DDs so ill be able to give a better opion once hes let me have a go. (hes also got ICs and is more than a little jealous)

How would you describe the DW's compared to the Iron Cobras?

the 9000 is light and smooth, ive put hardcore beaters in mine now but with a weight behind the head of it otherwise the pedal is far too light. ICs on the otherhand feel heavy and sluggish to me more effort needed to more them,

Back