Ever heard of a Speedfire kit?

VladTheLad

I'm about to buy a "Speedfire" kit off someone in my local area, but I've never heard of one before, have any of you's? I'm guessing its one of those "cheap as chips", first-time kits right?... considering I'm getting it for £60.

At the moment, i have a KiX kit, which i bought for off someone else local to me. It's a very basic drum set, with standard sizes, but it sounds pretty terrible if I'm honest lmao... i thought i'd buy this Speedfire kit because it'll look better than the KiX one.....
.....then i found out it comes with free Remo Ebony Pinstripe skins.

i thought the skins alone would be a good deal for £60 right? but if anyone's got any information on Speedfire, then that'll be great, thanks.

Well, I've heard of a Trixon Speedfire, with its weird deformed kick drum:

speedfire.jpg
TrixonSpeedfire.jpg

...but not any brand called just Speedfire.

it definitely isn't that one lmao, or it shouldn't be....

If it was that Trixon ( or Vox brandes i USA) Speedfire, they should cost at least 3 - 4000$ .
But, even "original " Trixon Speedfire , did not ( as I been heard told from other guys - I never see them alive) sound so well.
But they was COOL!!!!

But there is some china ( or similar ) company that bought name Trixon, and name Speedire. And they sells drums, that should not cost more than 60£. I should NEVER buye those. I should probably not took them even if they were free -I have allready enought of junk at my home ;-). Better to fill that lilltle space I have left, with some good stuff.

yeah,

a friend of mine had one years and years ago and you're right to think cheap as chips. They were a proper budget kit for school kids with no money. No, they are not any good at all really, they used to make their own cymbals as well, which were just as terrible as you would expect.

Think, Boston, CB Drums, Session Pro or Stagg these days. Not what you would consider to be a proper drum company but a decent set of skins can make a fairly substantial difference.

I suppose it's not a bad investment as I imagine you'd be able to sell it for £60 when you want something better.

yeah,

a friend of mine had one years and years ago and you're right to think cheap as chips. They were a proper budget kit for school kids with no money. No, they are not any good at all really, they used to make their own cymbals as well, which were just as terrible as you would expect.

Think, Boston, CB Drums, Session Pro or Stagg these days. Not what you would consider to be a proper drum company but a decent set of skins can make a fairly substantial difference.

I suppose it's not a bad investment as I imagine you'd be able to sell it for £60 when you want something better.

Well I'm a school kid with no money so that fits me perfectly lmao.. i also used to have a CB kit around 2 year ago.

I just got the Speedfire about 10 mins ago, it came with Remo Ebony Pinstripes on it, a Pearl display skin, and a Remo Weatherking Pinstripe batter head (bass) and also a spare Evans eq4 bass batter. so it wasn't too bad of a purchase.

one question though, should i use my old KiX 22x18 bass drum or the 22x16 bass drum that came with the Speedfire? (for metal/rock sort of music)

erff, its gonna take years switching skins and moving the kit about..i wish it was easier!

Back