Post Your Greatest Weakness ?

How many of you drummers play double bass ?

• Total voters

Lee Mangano

Drummers ~ "Post Your Greatest Weakness" and let the world of "drummers" help you fix it ... We have all been there no matter our experience or maybe not even there yet & still trying to fix it ... this is a great way to communicate & meet drummers around the World from differant cultures & levels of talent to help you improve and overcome "any" drumming problems you may have ... I'm 64 and still trying to fix it !

154524963_374560773584876_4914816651076123979_n(1).jpg
Good Luck & have a "Great" day !
Lee

Since 2013 "Drum School" donates time teaching and supplying drums to the "Inner City Rhythm" Drummers program by handing out a "Free" pair of drumsticks & instructional dvd to have tools needed to immediately participate in all lessons and events at "no cost" to student

Drum School Products
www.drumschool.usa.org

Inner City Rhythm Drummers
www.icr-drummers.org

NRG Transformers Club
www.nrg-transformers-club.com

Last edited:
I have a realy short attention span so when i try do rudiments (i starting learnig them again slowly to build up accents control etc) i get distracted and do other stuff or start playing something else etc

Neilpscuz " Too much forum & not enough practice"
A: Practice more !!!!! Only if it's that important to you

DrumGod "Short attention span when practicing rudements"etc..
A: 99% of the time you go off & just play, you are only playing what you already know...in order to grow & move forward, you absolutley must learn discipline & realize how important new rudiments are & how they can enhance your abillity & versatility

Vic Rattledeth " Trouble with gost notes & Swing style drumming"
A: Vic I wouldn't worry so much about ghost notes just yet, there not there anyway.... lol !!!.. I also have a problem with Swing style drumming....Everyones body & mind is completely differant & reacts towards differant things in many differant ways...drumming is all about feel...and either you have it or you don't...every style needs your body to respond a certain way...for instance...aggression for "Rock", Groove for "Funk" and Finess for "Jazz" and Independance for "Progressive Fusion"...you can force yourself or learn a specific style, but my advice is play the way you play...and administer your feel to each style, and you may just be an individual...

Centralzeke " Problems w/ Left hand & rushing"
A: OH !! Boy !! havn't ever heard of these problems before...Get Oliver Stone's "Stick Control" book & go buy a metronome & practice, im 47 and still on page 1

Left hand not as quick as right. However, my car has this one flat spot on the dash on the left side, perfect for practicing with my left hand. I have increased my left hand ability exponentially.
Other weakness is learning how best to play really fast on single kick pedal.

Probably my double pedal ability, or lack thereof. I used to be ok, but I've pretty much lost it now. I've got to learn the free stroke and slowly rebuild my ability, no problems there, I'm not afraid of a little shedding.

Other than that....... me typing this post, too I guess. I could be practicing. My left hand is up near my right, it probably has more control, probably from the huge amounts of ghost notes I play. I can't play without them!!!

I have a pretty bad attention span, too. A little discipline will fix that.

My greatest weakness...
My left foot and I guess endurance with feet in general, obviously endurance is a bigger problem with my left.

Also my left hand, its fine and all. Except I tend to use my wrist way less, especially with doubles. Which can be problematic, and I'd imagine could possibly lead to future problems.
I'm working on fixing this and have made great improvements so far.

Uuurm...
Polyrhythms I suppose?
And I'm never satisfied with my inability to do stick spins when people with an eighth of my playing ability are awesome at it, which pretty much explains why they have an eight of my playing ability.
Ooh heres one. Working in bass drum with tom grooves.. like I was having a hard time getting the intro to "Over the Mountain" by Ozzy Osbourne for a kid that wanted to jam with me.

Ha, stick spins.
I guess you could consider that one of my weakness's. Even though I'm really good at them.
Its become such a bad habit, whenever I have a stick in my hand and I'm not playing. I just have to spin it.
Right hand, left hand, or both at the same time. =P

left hand - very very slow and weak, slightly twisted forearm bone wont allow much control
left foot - weak, never on time
right foot - stuck to right hand, ie, cant do quick bass doubles or ruffs or extremely syncopated bass rhythms.

Lee Mangano said:
Neilpscuz " Too much forum & not enough practice"
A: Practice more !!!!! Only if it's that important to you

DrumGod "Short attention span when practicing rudements"etc..
A: 99% of the time you go off & just play, you are only playing what you already know...in order to grow & move forward, you absolutley must learn discipline & realize how important new rudiments are & how they can enhance your abillity & versatility

Vic Rattledeth " Trouble with gost notes & Swing style drumming"
A: Vic I wouldn't worry so much about ghost notes just yet, there not there anyway.... lol !!!.. I also have a problem with Swing style drumming....Everyones body & mind is completely differant & reacts towards differant things in many differant ways...drumming is all about feel...and either you have it or you don't...every style needs your body to respond a certain way...for instance...aggression for "Rock", Groove for "Funk" and Finess for "Jazz" and Independance for "Progressive Fusion"...you can force yourself or learn a specific style, but my advice is play the way you play...and administer your feel to each style, and you may just be an individual...

Centralzeke " Problems w/ Left hand & rushing"
A: OH !! Boy !! havn't ever heard of these problems before...Get Oliver Stone's "Stick Control" book & go buy a metronome & practice, im 47 and still on page 1

Thanks actually nothing like a motivationall speech to get the ball a rolling cheers for that

Back