Britchops New to the Forum...

B

britchops

hi all

I'm from the beautiful countryside of Hampshire in the UK. Just joined the community. I've been a tutor for years and studied in Guildford at the A.C.M. with the likes of Pete Riley and Neil Wilkinson....

I've launched a Beginner drum course, but say no more for fear of advertising!!!

Cheers

britchops

HI guys

I haven't been around for a couple of weeks as I've been working on my website facelift @ www.britchops.co.uk

If you get the chance maybe you'd like to take a look and even leave some comment on what you think? Positive or constructive only please!

Thanks all

TJ @ www.britchops.co.uk

Here's my bio:

T J Shaw is a top graduate and ex-tutor at a leading UK Drum Academy. He has over 25 years playing experience and has been taught by some of the world’s leading drum teachers and working professionals. He holds a Diploma in Contemporary Music (Distinction with Hons) from the Academy of Contemporary Music, Guildford (www.acm.ac.uk).

In addition to playing experience throughout the UK, the author has 10 years professional tutoring experience (including six months at the Academy of Contemporary Music, Guildford, UK).

The author has received tuition from some of the best drum educators and players in the world inc: Neil Wilkinson (Inc’s: Everything But The Girl; Joan Armatrading; LA Sessions and Sir Paul McCartney etc.); Pete Riley (Jan Cyrka; currently UK Britpop act Republica; tutor ACM.); James Porter (former head of drums, ACM) and Laurence Hall (Player,Teacher at the Holistic Drum Agency and Author of The Outer Limits).

The author has also received masterclasses from great players such as: the very cool Steve White (currently Paul Weller); Greg Bissonette (US drum master and all-round top bloke! Worked with Steve Vai; David Lee Roth; Santana and Joe Satriani to name but a few!); the fantastic and inspiring Dom Famularo (Education Director and consultant for Sabian Cymbals, Vic Firth Sticks, and Premier Percussion Ltd.); the amazing latin drummer Richie ‘Garate’ Garcia (Michael Jackson’s former percussionist) and the awesome Jim Chapin (Legendary Drummer and technique expert.); Steve Washington and Russ McKinnon (Inc. Tower of Power and Madonna no less!).

Contact me through www.britchops.co.uk

Last edited:
Back