Converted floor tom jazz kit.

Nickropolis

I was a bit anxious to get this project started and my camera battery was dead at the time so there aren't any before shots but this is what used to be a 16 inch royal blue wrap Pearl floor tom, pretty grungy and the heads were beyond garbage.

I stripped all the wrap and hardware, sanded off the MASSIVE amount of glue that Pearl thought was necessary, smoothed out the rest of the shell, applied 6 coats of 'golden oak' gel stain and 4 coats of wax polish, also polished the hardware with Brasso.

Purchased one of the Pearl floor tom conversion kits, changed snare skins to Evans J1 Etched and Hazy 200, added old hi hats (flipped) and ride with some jingly jingle stuff.

img0765gn.jpg

img0764r.jpg

img0766lx.jpg

Don't mind the stand, I found that thing in the basement when I moved in here. Whatever size the cymbal mount is, I have nothing to fit it.

Did you rig something up to lift the pedal end of the drum? Or is the beater hitting real high.

I picked up a Pearl ISS mount, BT-3 tom holder and JG-16. Super easy and doesn't take long at all to set up.

image_3118.jpg

images

That looks similar to what I'm using too. Not my favorite sounding bass drum, but it's fun to goof around with.

Back