Pearl Masters Snare

Yup,

I've got 2 of em. 5.5 and the 6.5. I Love them, probably the best thin maple shelled snare I've played. The 6.5 has lovely woody fat tone, great for the heavy stuff I play. The 5.5 has a great fusion-pop type crack with lots of snare articulation. I recommend them highly. Hope this helps!!

If the badge looks like this it could be an MMX 4 ply. They were discontinued in the U.S in favor of the MCX 6 ply. Either drum is great but my 6.5x14 MMX is one of my all time favorite snares.

Attachments

• mmx.jpg
    mmx.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 1,050
Both my snares are the MMP. Ive had about 6 of them. I had a problem with the lacquer cracking around the lugs, and Pearl replaced each one. I've now got 2 wrapped drums, I didnt trust the lacquer again. I think it was down to the swivel lugs and I've not seen a problem with the older bridge type lugs and lacquer cracking..

If the badge looks like this it could be an MMX 4 ply. They were discontinued in the U.S in favor of the MCX 6 ply. Either drum is great but my 6.5x14 MMX is one of my all time favorite snares.

I have an old MMX and the new MCX... I choose the MMX every time!

Yep. +1 to that. MMX 14 x 6.5 is a fabulous snare. Classic sound, lovely open tone, maple warmth, and a rimshot that really pops when you crank it up! Great drum.

I have an mcx and i prefer it over my brass sensitone which I've loved for many years. Their biggest perk is that they're relatively cheap. The tuning range is pretty wide.

Back