Getting back in the game... (new member)

jimmytango00

Hello everyone! my name is Sergio, just wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce my self. Im 25 and have been playing for about 5 - 6 years. I'm a self taught drummer up until about two weeks ago ... I'm finally taking some lessons. I played in a band from when I was 15 till I was 20, we broke up and i sold all my gear. We decided to get back to get back together and im now trying to get all my stuff together. I bought a DDrum Diablo kit for $250 on craigslist but was not to happy with the look so i did a little DIY customization. Well, I hope to learn a lot on here and meet a few new people.

The kit had this super lame aluminum wrap so i took all that crap off and re painted the shells with custom green stain. (still need to finish putting the hardware back on)

before:
DSC04778.jpg

After:
DSC04789.jpg

DSC04799.jpg

DSC04797.jpg

DSC04814.jpg

Welcome to the forum and great to hear another drummer returning to his roots. Best of luck to you and the band. That's great that you have enough skills to refinish your own kit. You should be able to put some new heads on and make them sing like new again. Be sure to post some pics when you are done with them.

Welcome to the forum and great to hear another drummer returning to his roots. Best of luck to you and the band. That's great that you have enough skills to refinish your own kit. You should be able to put some new heads on and make them sing like new again. Be sure to post some pics when you are done with them.

thank you! I'm picking up some new heads tomorrow and some meinl cymbals next month (19" byzance medium crash and 20" mb20 medium crash) I'll def post up the kit when its all done.

The tom and floor looks great! But what with the bass? They turn out more greenish.

hahah i had 1 day to do it so i only did one coat instead of four. Im eventually going to tear it apart again and finish it when i have time. For now i dont mind the two tone look.

Welcome to the forum. I actually liked the metal look. But the new look is good too.

Back