Tama Superstar

spfm77

Seeing as I'm new here are a few pics of my Tama Superstars. Apparently this is a somewhat custom version. My local drum shop bought them as a special offer during a visit to the Tama factory in Japan 5 or 6 years ago. Back when I got these the Superstar bass drums weren't available with a virgin bass drum. If I recall correctly the shells are birch/basswood, although I could be mistaken.

Sorry about the quality of the pics. Ye olde iPhone jobs.

Rack - 13"
Floor toms - 16", 18"
Kick - 24"
Snare - 14" Pearl Super Gripper Maple

HiHat - In the pictures are 14" Ufip Extactic (?). Recently replaced by Sabian 14" HHX Groove Hats
Crashs - Zildjian 18" K Custom Hybrid, Paiste 20" 2002
Ride - Sabian 22" Paragon

Hardware - All Tama except for Pearl Eliminator bass drum pedal and Roc N Soc throne

The Roland SPD-S is longer in use.

My snare collection, of which I don't have a picture, includes a battered Mapex 14" brass, mid 90's 14"x5" Ludwig Black Beauty, 14"x4" Ludwig Accrolite, the 14" Tama snare that came with the kit and a Tama 13"x6" in a matching finish.

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

Regards
Tony

Nice kit there. It's like modern meets vintage! It looks at home with a nouveau punk/metal band and then on the bandstand with some horns. Love the Tamas.

Thanks Bo! I actually want to get some flat based stands to complete the vintage look. Its funny how such an old style finish like white marine pearl never seems to go out of fashion and suits most types of music.

The Gibraltar's are probably the way I'll go (unless DW pop up with an endorsment ;P). They're also about 3/4 the price of the DW too.

Nice Tama rig you have there. I like it a lot. They sound great. I used to have a 10 piece monster set.

Wow, that's one sweet kit right there, man. Love those sizes, and I mean drums and cymbals. Quite a rocker, huh? ;)

Cheers!

Back