Second hand kit

Popcorn Mogul

good morning

I couldn't find a post that would quite cover this, so I made another one...

what would you pay for a kit like this: Sonor 505 kit

Here follows the details on the Cymbals: Sabian Hihat 14"
Krest Splash 8"
Sabian Splash 12"
Meinl Crash 16" (This one has a slight crack in it which I managed to stop from spreading. Hardly noticeable, but I will point it out.)
Meinl Heave Rock Crash 18"
Sabian Ride 20"
Xingsir Crash 18"
Note the Cymbals have started oxidizing and don't look brand new, but of course still sounds perfect.
Sonor 505 set, 17 pc, with double base pedals

Extras: Spare HiHat stand, metronome, Base kick, cow bell. Note the one snare needs to be re skinned and the one cymbal has a small crack.
No other issues.
The set is well looked after.
Price is negotiable.

the advertised price is R9000

good morning

I couldn't find a post that would quite cover this, so I made another one...

what would you pay for a kit like this: Sonor 505 kit

Here follows the details on the Cymbals: Sabian Hihat 14"
Krest Splash 8"
Sabian Splash 12"
Meinl Crash 16" (This one has a slight crack in it which I managed to stop from spreading. Hardly noticeable, but I will point it out.)
Meinl Heave Rock Crash 18"
Sabian Ride 20"
Xingsir Crash 18"
Note the Cymbals have started oxidizing and don't look brand new, but of course still sounds perfect.
Sonor 505 set, 17 pc, with double base pedals

Extras: Spare HiHat stand, metronome, Base kick, cow bell. Note the one snare needs to be re skinned and the one cymbal has a small crack.
No other issues.
The set is well looked after.
Price is negotiable.

the advertised price is R9000

You have to be more specific about the cymbal models. The Sabian Ride can be either a B8 and cost 50 dollars, or a Vault Artisan and cost... well, much more.
Same with the bass pedals. Same with everything actually. Also, would you mind elaborating on the "17pc" part...
:)

Ya, the kit is worth about 4,000 Rand ($410 appx.) in great condition. So, it's all about what kind of Sabian and Meinl cymbals we're talking about. Depends where the crack is on that crash. What the heck is a Xingsir or a Krest for that matter? That ride can be worth anywhere from $80 to $200 dollars (American) or around 800 to 2000R used depending on what kind it is.

Krest cymbals are B-8 bronze and brass,and are made in Brazil.Still entry level or intermeadiate stuff.

Xingsir appear to be all brass and are made in China.

Agreed,that the price of these kits will be greatly affected by what model of cymbals there are.
My money is on B-8 and brass cymbals.

Steve B

Last edited:
this is all I could get on the cymbals:

Sabian Hihat 14" - didn't have anything on this.
Krest L Series Splash 8"
Sabian B8 Splash 12"
Meinl HCS Crash 16"
Meinl Classics Powerfull Rock Crash 18" Sabian XS Rock Ride 20"
Xingsir Music Crash 18

thanks

Bear in mind that South Africa is a small market, so I don't think just doing a ZAR/USD conversion is really meaningful.

As a small market, local (new) prices are prolly higher than in the US.

But as a small market, it's likely tricksy finding buyers the higher up the food chain you go.

Back