Black Galaxy Acrolite!!!

Great pick up!

I still love my '75 Acrolite, it's a great sounding drum, and it sounds good with the 8 lugs too.
I always have a real easy time getting a great sound from mine.

I'd like to get the 6.5 one of these days.....

Enjoy your new drum!

Update. Drum shipped today. In a few words, I couldn't be more satisfied. It has the EXACT sound I had in my head, and that is NOT an exaggeration. I would describe the overall sound as kind of aggressive with a very Bonham sound. I have the batter tuned medium high and the reso tuned tight. The batter head that came on the drum was the stock ludwig coated and it has seen much better days. I threw on the slightly worn amb from my other snare. (The reso that came on it is more than adequate- the standard attack snare reso, good shape) The metal ring is pretty evident but I love its sound. It has a lot of body for a 5" deep snare. Unfortunately no pics right since I don't have time but I'll find the time (that black galaxy finish is pretty sexy).

That reminds me, I've got to fix mine; one of the screws on the inside keeps falling out, probably stripped. My Acrolite is an old 70s drum that was a gift 10 years ago, also my first drum.

PICTURES

Here are the pics. Bad quality unfortunately, it's hard to capture the finish but it looks very pleasing in person. Check out the factory ludwig head!! You could get HBO on a dish like that.

DSCN0031.jpg

DSCN0033.jpg

DSCN0034.jpg

DSCN0036.jpg

DSCN0039.jpg

Back