[STUDIO VIDEO] jazz/fusion stuff, Chris Daddy Dave setup

otb

Sooo, here it is! :)

The first song from my primary band's upcoming LP album. We've been playing together in this trio for 2 years now and toured a lot and BANG! Finally we've recorded our debut LP. It's coming out in about a month from now. This is the shortest song from the album and it's based (like all the other songs from the album) on a story - this one's pretty obvious though.

I used the setup from the video for the whole album - no toms, two snares and lots of awesome cymbals from Istanbul Agop. Hope you enjoy, if so please feel free to share and subscribe! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMLf4b9oucE

That was great. When I read that there were no toms, thought that's weird. You really nailed it with the snare tuning though. I didn't miss a tom at all. Did you know your hats have holes in them? So cool, your band is great.

I love your guys work! Very groovy and very technically interesting. It reminds me a lot of Dirty Loops actually. Fantastic work, please let me know when your album is out so I can buy a copy!

-Jonathan

That was great. When I read that there were no toms, thought that's weird. You really nailed it with the snare tuning though. I didn't miss a tom at all. Did you know your hats have holes in them? So cool, your band is great.

Yeah, I really like those hats! I actually made that hi-hat out of two crashes for some of the songs on the album. I also use it when I'm playing some hip-hop stuff :)

Thanks for all the nice responses guys! The Dirty Loops comment is quite flattering, thanks! I'll keep you updated when the album comes out.

Back