My Latest Jazz Crime

Opening tune sounds great! I love playing with brass.. At work now so can't listen to any more right now..

Dutch

Thanks Dutch, I hope that you have time to get back and share your thoughts.
We were all happy with our performance. I hope that you and others enjoy it.

Thanks jorn and Gre,
Our piano player is quite the character. I have never met a middle aged man with more positive energy than Gary. He is one or the few things keeping me going at this stage in my life. Gary often arrives early to practice so that he and I can have fun playing Pop tunes as a duo to warm up for the Jazz session. As a result we have developed a musical bond when he solos during the jazz tunes that we play.

Sorry Bob, only just catching this :( Probably the best recording I've heard of your band :) It's a vibrant set that bounces along. Short snappy tunes, & all played with aplomb. Audience seemed a bit lame given the upbeat entertainment, but I guess that's how it rolls sometimes eh!

Nice job Bob!

Thanks Andy, we were playing in an Irish style Pub that recently opened in a large fully remodeled historic colonial inn. The club has no problem filling up for happy hour and dinner but they can't get people to stay after 9PM for some reason. I notice that the venue is aways shutting down at 11PM on Fri and Sat nights when they have entertainment. They book a full variety of bands on weekends.
I guess that the place just won't make it as a nightclub.
https://www.facebook.com/BrennansShebeenOxford
They seem to be doing everything like promoting the bar and the bands on FB, etc. Too bad because the owners put big bucks into tho old inn that sat empty for several years in partial decay.
We didn't really care because the Jazz band only gigs for fun a few times a year. We gave up trying to be a touring band years ago. We were happy about our performance and I took the 50's Broadkaster out for a night on the town :)

Last edited:
Back