Indulge yourself - Sexy Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute + Yamaha Vintage wood hoops!

Yep, that's one sweet-looking kit. I love that finish. Wouldn't mind taking that DW bronze for a spin, either.

I have no experience with wood hoops but i do have a question -

why do the toms have a flat edge on one side of the hoop? I can understand the snare for the strainer hardware but why on the toms?

On the snare the flat edge it used to provide clearance for the snare throw off lever. With the toms I would imagine it's useful for players who want to mount the drums closer together.

Hot damn, those are gorgeous.
However, I am in absolute love with those K Customs...

Great kit all around- and the cymbals ain't too bad either. You've got a lot of coin invested there- come to think of it, your wood hoops probably cost more than a majority of drummers here spend on their drums!!!

Enjoy

Great looking kit....I too have vintage wood hoops on my cherry wood finish Yamaha BCA's. Here's a pic of it.....I also have an MCA nouv. kit, but it has the die cast hoops on it...

picture.php

SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS there is nothing nicer than yamaha kits with wood hoops my hats off to you gentlemen

Great looking kit....I too have vintage wood hoops on my cherry wood finish Yamaha BCA's. Here's a pic of it.....I also have an MCA nouv. kit, but it has the die cast hoops on it...

picture.php

Birch/Beech? :)

very nice man..but seriously, u missed the hoops on the snare and last 2 toms! :D

Also, get one for your kick..that will make your kit complete!

I would love to see your MCA...u can post it here :D

Why did you put the floor tom hoop on the top of the 16" drum? that seems to only exagerate the fact. especially seeing as the bottom hoops looks like it's the proper one.

Nice kit though man... gotta love a nice set of Yammies!

Why did you put the floor tom hoop on the top of the 16" drum? that seems to only exagerate the fact. especially seeing as the bottom hoops looks like it's the proper one.

Nice kit though man... gotta love a nice set of Yammies!

I think I have mentioned in my first post..I wrongly put it..not to exagerate it, mate..not at all.. :) Thanks!

Birch/Beech? :)

very nice man..but seriously, u missed the hoops on the snare and last 2 toms! :D

Also, get one for your kick..that will make your kit complete!

I would love to see your MCA...u can post it here :D

It's birch....I've got the wooden hoops on the floor toms now...just not in that picture (taken probably 3-4 yrs. ago)....as far as the snare goes, I had an Anton Fig sig. snare w/wooden hoops (sold it..wishing I hadn't...great drum!)..the snare in the BCA pic is a Yammie copper (sold it...wishing I hadn't...hahaha) and now own a Longo solid walnut snare (love it, keeping it...) with single flg. hoops and claws...and I really like the look of sngl. flg. hoops on this drum, but I might have to get some wood hoops for it also:)....my maple kit as well as my e-kit are in photo albums here on the website in my profile...but here you go on the MCA....the finish is apple sparkle fade (lacquer)

picture.php

Last edited:
It's birch....I've got the wooden hoops on the floor toms now...just not in that picture (taken probably 3-4 yrs. ago)....as far as the snare goes, I had an Anton Fig sig. snare w/wooden hoops (sold it..wishing I hadn't...great drum!)..the snare in the BCA pic is a Yammie copper (sold it...wishing I hadn't...hahaha) and now own a Longo solid walnut snare (love it, keeping it...) with single flg. hoops and claws...and I really like the look of sngl. flg. hoops on this drum, but I might have to get some wood hoops for it also:)....my maple kit as well as my e-kit are in photo albums here on the website in my profile...but here you go on the MCA....the finish is apple sparkle fade (lacquer)

picture.php

very nice my friend! :) you have such great gears...and sure thats a lot of dollars on the investation! :D

u really have to be very sorry on selling the Anton Fig sig and copper hhaha :D i have both and really2 love it! they are simply exceptional snares..although a bit pricey..but well..they worth every penny! :D

Back